9 WINS.... & LOSSES


UB, AJ, Sarah and I just got home from Baguio earlier this evening. It took us four hours
to drive from Baguio to Bambang via the dusty Ambuklao Road. I wished I
had a cam to snap some pics of the ongoing work up there. They are
really doing a nice job except for the talks I've heard that the road
construction should have been finished by now. I have heard that there
were three construction companies who were contracted to build equal
length of the road from Aritao to Baguio so it would be completed
relatively at the same time, but it seems that the only contractor who
kept his word was the one who was assigned to do the Aritao-Kayapa
Central end of the road. In the past, a ride from Bambang to Kayapa
Central would take two hours, give or take a few minutes; but
yesterday, it took us less than an hour because they really did a good
job at paving the road. I dream for the day when I can just swing by
Baguio early in the morning, spend 5 hours of shopping in the Baguio
and back to Vizcaya in no time. CAVDEAL and SATRAP, please hurry up! :)

Oops,
I was suppose to talk about my Scrabble Tournament experience but I had
to get that road-thing out of my mind first. Anyway, I had a fun time
at the tourney although I did not win any prize. My goal was to at
least win 50% of my game and that's exactly what I got. I did not do so
bad actually. hehehe!!! I even defeated the second-seeded player in the whole
country although he ended up winning the 3rd or 4th prize. (It was an
accident really! He probably had bad tiles and was a bit too confident
cuz he was playing a newcomer.) The champion who took home a 15K-peso
grand prize was a lady from down South. We played 18 games in two days--10
last Saturday and 8 last Sunday. Boyy, was my mind got fried and
toasted in there!

That's it... we weren't able to see any of the
Panagbenga Festivities cuz we were huddled in this Wolfson Hall in the
Baguio Country Club for two days trying to outwit our opponents. What a
game! But I did enjoy walking up and down Session road yesterday with
the open market. Oh, those little booths with pretty pretty flowers!!!
We bought nice hats for my mom (which she did not
appreciate...grrrrrr:), my sis and for myself. I wished we had more time
to just stroll around and enjoy the trafficless Session road. ('Goodness,
those gigantic cement posts they built in the BGH area!!! What were they thinking!?!! I know it's for this flyover thing but
really, it looks so UGLYY!)




Comments

rob luc said…
You really had a good time in Baguio.... That's a nice break for you
Jean B said…
..that's great!at least u achieved ur goal and more pa d ba? winning over that second seeded player...well, better luck next time..i'm confident that next time u will bring home a trophy...so sayang lang na u did not get to stroll much sa Session road..waaah...i mizz that too...i have missed 2 Panagbenga's na dahil sa AGS...wahuhu...nyweiz...sana mataps na rin yung kalsada at madali na lang mamasayal sa CFM...wehehe...ay este sa Oliweg pala...
Margie Lumawan said…
Yes sisters... we really had a blast... wonderful wonderful weekend! :)
Naku, does that mean wala kaming balato? Sayanag naman! Hehehehe... I miss Session road in bloom din. Grabe, Panagbenga ang rason kung bakit ako nakick-out sa St. Francis dorm nung third year college. We went to a free concert of Parokya ni Edgar sa John Hay. Haaaay, those were the days. Anyway, good job, sis! Next time, dapat manalo ka na para naman may balato na kami hehehehe... =)
Margie Lumawan said…
don't wori next time ako na mag-uuwi nung grand prize!!! ahaha, nangarap!

kulang ang prayers mo noh! kay di me nanalo! Dapat nagfasting ka! ang hirap kaya manalo dun! ang nananalo dun, kinakarir na nila ang scrabble! I don't like to be known as a walking lexicon anoh! heheheh!
Bakit? Ano palang ginagawa mo jan sa araw-araw na ginawa ng Diyos? Hindi bat kinacareer mo na? Nyahahahaha... Peace, sis. Sige next time, may kasamang fasting.

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS