"GLORIFY YOUR NAME!"


If you have noticed, my two previous entries were of a different genre. (Hanep sa genre!) Some found the tone funny, some might have found (and some did find) it a bit distrubing. To all of you who thought the entries were funny, you now have a concrete evidence that you were born sarcastic . To those who found it disturbing, I apologize (with a smile.)

Earlier this week, I was in Baguio with other members of the organization of which I am also a member. One morning, our mentor shared a few devotional thoughts. We read from John 12:20-33. In verse 28, Jesus said: "Father, glorify your name.” He said this in the context of the impending agony that He's going to suffer.

From the biggest to the littlest hardship that I ever went through, the first thing in my mind is, "Lord, please take the pain away, or Lord, please protect me, or Lord, please avenge me from that person who stepped on my rights!" I am always too fast to ask God to remove me from any unwanted situation or to keep me from things that I don't understand or I am not comfortable with. It is not wrong to pray for God's protection but really, God said that He knows our coming and going. He is our rock, a shelter in the time of storm. So really, He is there no matter what darkness we are going through. Therefore, when we suffer, the right words that should come from our lips should be: "Father, glorify your name."

We are created for the sole purpose of bringing glory to God's name. It is not easy because our human nature tells us to escape from any difficulty, but it is not impossible for us believers to trust God.  I was reminded of a few lines from the song "Trust His Heart" that says:

"And when you don't understand
When you don't see His plan
When you can't trace His hand
Trust His heart." 

Trusting in the Lord is the name of the game. :)  The Lord will enable us to glorify Him because He redeemed us to do just that.

Lord, give me humility and renew my love for you so that I will be able to say in my heart, "Father, glorify your name" when I am faced with a difficulty or when things don't go my way.

Indeed, Father, Glorify Your Name!

Comments

Jean B said…
Amen!
Margie Lumawan said…
I like the song you quoted here friend! I'll try to memorize this week.Glorify your name nga,of all the trials and life's test-i should really say Glorify your name! posted by---amjjjb
Margie Lumawan said…
ahahaha, ate, halata namang pc ko rin ang ginamit mo eh! Lolz Magmultiply ka na rin kase kaya!

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS