HOWZ IT GOIN'.....

Dear Praying Ones,

I thought I'd let you know that I am feeling a little bit better today than yesterday.  This is my 7th day since the surgery and I thank and praise God for His grace and mercy and protection.   I was able to finish three chapters of Ecclesiastes since I got home.  Sarah and I tried to check Norman's 1Kings 1 two days ago but when Sarah started reading the first few verses, she burst into a contagious laughter that made me laugh so hard I think I injured my wound a little cuz it hurt so bad the whole day so I spent the day in bed with a thick blanket.

1Kings 1:1, 2 1 Naama law ni peteg hi Dabid isunga kamakeketel ni anggan gagtapen dan mehdel ni gatap. 2 Isunga hotada bagaan to, kan dan hi-gato ay, “Itolok mon maniwang kamin madikit ni ag nakotkoti ni mangitibew ni hi-gam. Makide-leg ni hi-gam hiyay paatong toka.”

For some reason, Sara find that very funny! 

I received an email yesterday that says, "We are thankful to the Lord for how He protected your life."  I heard my husband telling someone that the Dr told him that an hour longer and he would have lost me.  But when I read that email, it kind of made it sink into me that I almost died.  If I did, it's the same thing, I mean, it's better for me. But then, when I think about it now, I do want some more time here with my family and all of you friends, writing (and reading) silly blogs , etc.  So I spent my morning thanking our Lord Jesus because He saw it fit to keep me down here yet. 

Three of my neighbors,  (2 aunts and a friend) came to me at different times yesterday and preached on me when they saw that I and my laptop are friends again.  I argued that lying down in bed most of the day makes me feel helpless and tired so I don't think it will hurt me if I start my desk job again.  They went out after saying something to the effect of "Oway ka tepay ngo!"  (Bahala ka sa buhay mo!)  I don't know how to translate that in English. :)

Anyway, I'm feeling stronger now and I know that it is the provision of the Lord.  Thanks to all the prayers of yours, dear ones.

Love,
Margie & Bong

Comments

Jean B said…
Thank God talaga ate at you are still there altho sad ako and I agree with your neighbors for preaching on you..hehehe. God bless and continue recuperating!
rob luc said…
other way of saying 'We care about you' is BAHALA KA SA BUHAY MO :)
Oy, sabi nga ni A Kathie, ganyan din daw kinamatay nung first wife ni Rex Johnson. So thank God that he has taken you out of the danger. Pagaling ka maige. Don't be too impatient and don't work yourself too hard.
Margie Lumawan said…
sad ka na m stl here? :) hehehe .. thanks 'ding! God bless din...
Margie Lumawan said…
oo nga, they came last night again! and told me all kinds of tips and dos and donts! nalito tuloy ako!
Margie Lumawan said…
ay ganun pala kinamatay nun? nakuh! buti na lang pala buhay pa ako! hehe ang sama naman if you'll remember me as the one who died because of raptured fallopian tube and peritoneal organs drowned in blood! hehehe
Jean B said…
d naman ah..i mean sad ako na wala na baby...huhu
Catherine Young said…
Blessings, friend. Take care ... rest well. Keep writing and reflecting on God's blessing and protection and cast your care and pain - emotional and physical - on him.
bob arsenio said…
tem anggangi-ngi noman. anggan hi-gak men ngimi-ngiak ni hakhakey ko:) kalangoman. imbag no piyan nonta madikit ni anggan nakaamah David!:(
sarah Pido said…
Hehe hota first verse i ngini-ngian ko. Akabahak ni kamakeketel anggan gagtapan dan mehdel :-) But the translation is very natural kaya I salute kuya Norms. Well done! :-)
Bob Ambrosius said…
It is just as well that you didn't back translate to English the second verse because the English idiomatic meaning of that last phrase really is funny. Well I hope your incision heals before I get there especially if Sarah is still there too. Be good and don't over do it. Love, UB

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS