BACK INTO THE GIVING-SHOTS-BUSINESS

11:45  I just gave a barely two-year old baby an intramuscular antirabies shot (she got bit by a bat) and I trembled like crazy from the time I was reconstituting the vaccine to the actual injecting of it and am still trembling until now.  I didn't know that being out of practice for 11 years would feel like that.  ;-)   Well, I was never a good nurse in terms of application anyway.  In fact as a student, I used to always have a partner who does most of the tasks for both of us.  My job was to remember the right procedures, and so I would tell her what the book or teacher says and she'll execute it.  BUT... I was told that when it comes to injections, my hands are the lightest among the lot... hehehe......  meaning you only feel like you were bitten by an itty bitty ant.

On another health issue, I just got my lab results and my blood sugar is 136 when it should be 70-105.  So according to the doc, I have a full-blown Type II diabetes.  I was told I have to give up white rice and starchy food altogether. Hayyy, goodbye camote!  I feel like my Kalanguyaness is gonna be violated if I do not eat boiled camote forever.  LOL

I also got my ears pierced today.   Some of you heard me say in the past that I will only get my ears pierced if it's a matter of life or death.  Well, I was with my friend who also happened to be my aunt this morning and she and the receptionist at the clinic started to make fun of my virgin ears.  So being the good impressionable girl that I am (hahaha), I gave in.  Also I wanted to wear that dangling pearl dJinn has given me as a pasalubong when she went to Davao. I was actually trying to take off the little earring to try my other never been used collections before but I broke one of my witch's-claw-like nails in the process so I gave up. 

4:27 I'm like a rabid dog this very moment.  I just got home from the doctor and she said I will have to go back to the hospital and be admitted for more surgeries:  One is to remove an abscess formation in my right iliac region and second is to repair the very ugly non-healing wound of the previous surgery.  I was ok then we got on a tricycle to go to mercury drug to buy the medicine prescribed.  They made us wait forever and then told us the med is not available.   We got on a tricycle to go home and the driver was jumping on every hump and bump as if he's in a high jump competition! I hit my head three times in the iron roof because of the high jumping!  It was the last straw... I almost yelled at him.  Poor driver! He slowed down like we were on a funeral march or something.

Who wants to undergo another surgery..... I don't want to go back to more weeks of pain and feeling of helplessness now that I am beginning to feel better! Why won't a wound just heal without making too much fuss!?


I have an inkling to just sit tight and wait it out!  Maybe the wound or my body will get scared of me and change its mind and stop making many problems!

Sorry, I guess I'm "hyperventilating!"  

APRIL 12, 2008 9:30AM

In half hour, we will leave for the hospital. I don't know yet if I will be incised today.  But I thank the Lord for waking me up with peace of mind this morning making me decide to just go ahead with the surgery and get it over with. ;) He has been faithful this past few months... as always and as He had promised.  But please pray for peace and grace as I go back to square one, kind of.

Thank you all, family and friends...

Comments

Ah, eto pala un hehehehe...

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS