HOME AGAIN

Dear All,
 
Some of you knew that I was admitted in the hospital yesterday  (Apr 12th) for the purpose of resuturing my incision and to excise the lumps that are growing near my wounds.  Before I was admitted, three more doctors (2 OB-Gynes and a surgeon) conferred about my case and they decided that with my high blood sugar, cutting me again will defeat the purpose of enhancing healing by refreshing the wound since the excess sugar in my blood will surely make any new wound difficult to heal again.  The surgeon then made the decision not to do surgery on my lumps instead he took a 5cc syringe with a needle, stick it into the biggest lump and aspirated whatever content the lump has.  (Aaaarrrrgh!!!! That was unimaginably painful!) He was able to fill up the syringe with a condensed-milk like pus.  Still they prepared me for surgery the next morning.  My second OBGyne then arrived and conferred again with the other docs and everybody must have agreed that opening me up won't do much good because my doctor came to my bedside after a while and told me to rejoice because she thinks I do not have to undergo another surgery anymore.  By then, I was almost (in my imagination) feeling the pain of going back to 0 in the healing process. I was therefore so much relieved of this news and called my aunt to come take me home.
 
To make the story short, I was released with another course of antibiotic to clear the abscesses forming near my wounds plus a mixture of dressing/cleansing agent mixed personally by my doctor. She said the mixture will combat the wetness brought about by the excessive sugar in my body.  I am feeling a whole lot better now except in the two places that the doctors have unceremoniously stuck a needle into so they could empty the lumps.  I am also advised to see the doctor weekly so she could monitor my lumps (if they would recur or stop growing) and until the wounds are completely healed.
 
I can't believe that we found a Christian doctor who is not only very kind and accomodating but who really know what she's doing.  After learning that Bong and I are involved in a Christian ministry, she did not collect a private doctor's professional fee anymore.  And still, she went out of her way to come to the hospital on a Sunday, clean me up and send me home.  The Lord never stops to amaze me!
 
Thank you all for your prayers and your concern!
 
Love in Christ,
Margie and Bong

Comments


Myspace Graphics at WishAFriend.com
sarah Pido said…
Toto-wan ag i-oway ni hi Apo Diyoh iday too to ;-) Praise be to the LORD our God.
Thanks for the update, sis. Magpagaling ka na at punta tau sa B hehehehe...
Jean B said…
tfs for updating!
Margie Lumawan said…
Salamat sa inyong mga Get well wishes at encouragement at prayers. They keep me on my knees din... :-)

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS