BLESSING TURNED INTO A CURSE

Without intending or meaning to be blasphemous, let me say that I have had the misfortune of being blessed with introverted sensitivity.  Now, what do I mean by that? I have been told not once that I am a cold, stolid, passive, and tough to crack nut.  And cold people are supposedly not easily hurt. But people forget that there are no cold people unless they're dead.  If there are, their circumstances were sure to have something to do with it, and still, they are not cold, they're just good at masking their true feelings. 

I am a sensitive person contrary to the "ironhearted' front people see. I cry over things as simple as a corny scene in a movie, and I hurt like hell when people misjudge me or treat me unfairly.  Who doesn't, right?

I have tried to be tough and strong and slightly uncaring, but you can only be tough and strong and uncaring for so long.  I have tried to be a good person, and I am trying to be, but still people misjudge you, and hurt you.  And it hurts so much more when the people you think know you and love you are the same ones who would crucify you. How do you go about life while carrying a heavy heart everyday? You think you're okay, and then one day, you realize you are not. And it makes life so dreary and dark, and joyless, and not worth smiling about.

What is wrong here? There must be something really wrong with and about me. God help me...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS