SHADOWS



No longer am I scared of the darkness
The midnight blackness that you see when you look in my eyes
Are just shadows left by years of sleepless nights
And the ghosts of my past that used to haunt all of my waking moments.

But now, I don't have to linger and play hide and seek with my demons
Because you've kissed away my pain, healed my wounds, until
Nothing is left, not even indiscernible scars on what had been my wounded soul
I've shed all the tears I can cry; now, my eyes are dry.

In these pages, I've poured out all my heartaches
Written them all down in blood between these lines
Bravely, I have fought my battles, and it's true, I did lose some
But my goodness, you are my witness that I have won the war.
I am here with you, after all, alive and real, red ink is zinging in my veins
All set to write new stories, or even rewrite old ones if I get the chance
To create new memories, or reminisce about the good old times,
With you and our lives that the Heavens chose to smile upon.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS