Being a Professional Faultfinder

I think that being a "professional faultfinder" (specifically a translator and a translation checker here, and possibly in the ASD spectrum) is disadvantageous to relationships. :-) Having been trained in the science and art of translation and translation checking where the key is to communicate an intended meaning in the most accurate, natural and clearest way possible, my tendency is to try to understand the meaning of a communication completely and exhaustively as possible. I think that this is the reason why a lot of times, I find myself finding implied information in people's statements which later on they would claim that they did not mean to imply; but to all my senses, the implications are too obvious one could not mistake them for anything else. At other times, in my effort to become very clear in my communication, hopefully to have no room for misinterpretation, people find my conversations too specific, too detailed and therefore cumbersome because it is too "explainiful" and people do not have the time in the world to fillet out the meaning I wanted to communicate. Ay, how how how the carabao! Ani lo yoda-at!






mY Synapses...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS