ON GETTING WHAT I DESERVE

I am of the mind that in His grace and mercy, God almost never give us what we deserve, as in I deserve judgment for my sins, but I got His love, forgiveness and free salvation instead; I don't deserve that mercy but He gave it anyway. 

However,  I believe that sometimes, when I am not ready for something great, when I am too blind to see the good laid out right before me, or when I refuse to acknowledge God's intended blessing for me, or when I am too bullheaded to recognize that which is for my own good, and instead choose my own way, THEN He lets me have what I truly deserved... which could be not necessarily harmful or evil, but could sometimes be just a 'whatever'... a status quo... 

At other times though, what I deserve could be totally detrimental to me, and God may let me have it just so I'd realize that I erred big time. The problem with this, when God lets me have what I deserve because I so desired it and might have even done ungoldly things to get it, is that, oftentimes, I usually am not the only one affected by my choices, by what I thought was best for me but actually not. My choice affects other people too and so what happens is that, I force people to wait things out with me, even though they themselves have made the right choice. So instead of being a channel of blessings, I have become the clog, the impediment for blessings to flow to others because of my selfish choices. 

That is why, I owe it to myself and to others to be honest with myself, think deeper, and truly let God guide my thoughts before I decide what is best for me, or stamp my mark on a cause, because I don't want God to give me what I deserve if the thing I deserve is just a Whatever, or even a Good,  when in fact, God intended to give me something Great, which would  have been the Best for me.  

There is also the equally important matter about thinking of the good of others before myself.  So the only real thing really is to "do, say, think" everything in love. Once I utter something out of irritation, disgust, hate, revenge, rudeness, insensitivity, inconsiderateness, or what I deemed to be a deserved response because I was hurt, then I am not operating in God's love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS