9 WINS............... AND LOSSES

I just got home from Baguio earlier this evening. It took us four hours to drive from Baguio to Bambang via the dusty Ambuklao Road. I wished I had a cam to snap some pics of the ongoing work up there. They are really doing a nice job except for the talks I've heard that the road construction should have been finished by now. I have heard that there were three construction companies who were contracted to build equal length of the road from Aritao to Baguio so it would be completed relatively at the same time, but it seems that the only contractor who kept his word was the one who was assigned to do the Aritao-Kayapa Central end of the road. In the past, a ride from Bambang to Kayapa Central would take two hours, give or take a few minutes; but yesterday, it took us less than an hour because they really did a good job at paving the road. I dream for the day when I can just swing by Baguio early in the morning, spend 5 hours of shopping in the Baguio Public Market (that's right! I didn't say SM) and back to Vizcaya in no time. CAVDEAL and SATRAP, please hurry up! :)

Oops, I was suppose to talk about my Scrabble Tournament experience but I had to get that road-thing out of my mind first. Anyway, I had a fun time at the tourney although I did not win any prize. My goal was to at least win 50% of my game and that's exactly what I got. I did not do so bad actually. I even defeated the second-seeded player in the whole country although he ended up winning the 3rd or 4th prize. (It was an accident really! He probably had bad tiles and was a bit too confident cuz he was playing a newcomer.) The champion who took home a 15K-peso prize was a lady from down South. We played 18 games in two days--10 last Saturday and 8 last Sunday. Boyy, was my mind fried and toasted in there!

That's it... we weren't able to see any of the Panagbenga Festivities cuz we were huddled in this Wolfson Hall in the Baguio Country Club for two days trying to outwit our opponents. What a game! But I did enjoy walking up and down Session road yesterday with the open market. Oh, those little booths with pretty pretty flowers!!! We bought nice hats for my mom (which she did not appreciate...grrrrrr), my sis and for myself. I wished we had more time to just stroll around and enjoy the trafficless Session road.

(Gosh, those hideous, gigantic cement posts they built in the BGH area!!! Goodness! What were they thinking!?!! I know it's for this flyover thing but really, it looks UGLYY!)

Comments

Anonymous said…
You really had a good time in Baguio.... That's a nice break for you..

labfek
Anonymous said…
..that's great!at least u achieved ur goal and more pa d ba? winning over that second seeded player...well, better luck next time..i'm confident that next time u will bring home a trophy...so sayang lang na u did not get to stroll much sa Session road..waaah...i mizz that too...i have missed 2 Panagbenga's na dahil sa AGS...wahuhu...nyweiz...sana mataps na rin yung kalsada at madali na lang mamasayal sa CFM...wehehe...ay este sa Oliweg pala...

shane100281
Anonymous said…
Sounds like good fun! I can't wait to be in Baguio next month...Congratulations for accomplishing your goal.
Wil said…
>>We bought nice hats for my mom (which she did not appreciate.

akala ko people aren't supposed to look a gift horse in the mouth (i.e. gifts should be appreciated by the receiver no matter what the gift is).

I've never heard of a Scrabble tournament. There's probably an entrance fee, I assume.

Regarding the BGH flyover, gusto talaga nilang sirahin ang beauty ng Baguio. Sayang!
admindude said…
Hi Ferri,
Oy buti ka pa you can eventually go to Baguio and return home in one day. Malabo yatang mangyari iyan sa mga taga-Sagada.
Congrats on beating that number two seed. Mukhang serious itong scrabble na ito ah meron pa kayong seed seed :-)
G said…
hello 2 anons,
magblogspot din kase kayo para hindi kayo anonymous.
Thanks, I had a great time talaga.

Yes ading Jean, you may come to Oliweg anytime you like now...

Hi Kayni,
Bilis! uwi na d2 at sunugin natin yung istatwa dun sa Barrio Fiesta na ipinagpuputok ng butse ng mga kapatid na Igorots d2 (e.g. Bill) Of course, pagkatapos mo akong ilibre dun sa loob! Hehehe

Hi Wil,
oo nga, but you don't know my mother! she is not the appreciative kind... grabee 'no? LOL

There is a so called baguio benguet club for scrabble (bbcs) and they sponsor big tournies twice a year. Do you play scrabble too?

Hi Bill,

Seryoso talaga! I went there to have a break nga eh pero it felt like I worked also kase napagod din ang isip ko. Pero ok, kase enjoy naman.. :)

Yes! Kaya dapat bilisan nila ang paggawa nung kalsada!

I still would like to go see Sagada someday soon. At nang mailibre ako ng isa riyan... hehehe
Wil said…
well, no, not really. curious lang ako sa scrabble tournament dyan. baka my relatives might want to enter. I don't have patience kaya di ako puede mag scrabble. hehe. thanks for the link, btw. linked u too. :-)
Anonymous said…
sana makasali ako sa scrabble next time, kahit taga abot ng tiles sa iyo. pwede ba yun? kung tayo ang magkatapat na maglalaro.... ha ha ha Don't count the losses daw pero kasa pa rin sa buhay ata yun. It is good to hear na 9 win. Parang naprophesy mo ah. sa susunod.. anong prophesy kaya, third or second? abangan na lang pala..
G said…
hei anon! sino ka?

sige, dapat sali ka next time...
Anonymous said…
Naku, does that mean wala kaming balato? Sayanag naman! Hehehehe... I miss Session road in bloom din. Grabe, Panagbenga ang rason kung bakit ako nakick-out sa St. Francis dorm nung third year college. We went to a free concert of Parokya ni Edgar sa John Hay. Haaaay, those were the days. Anyway, good job, sis! Next time, dapat manalo ka na para naman may balato na kami hehehehe... =)

layadgal
G said…
hoy layad! don't wori next time ako na mag-uuwi nung grand prize!!! ahaha, nangarap!

kulang ang prayers mo noh! kay di me nanalo! Dapat nagfasting ka! ang hirap kaya manalo dun! ang nananalo dun, kinakarir na nila ang scrabble! I don't like to be known as a walking lexicon anoh! heheheh!
Anonymous said…
Bakit? Ano palang ginagawa mo jan sa araw-araw na ginawa ng Diyos? Hindi bat kinacareer mo na? Nyahahahaha... Peace, sis. Sige next time, may kasamang fasting.

layadgal

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS