Sunday, December 30, 2007
"Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what
may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain.
Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice."
2. Go to bed on time.
3. Get up on time so you can start the day unrushed.
4. Say No to projects that won't fit into your time schedule, or that will
compromise your mental health.
5. Delegate tasks to capable others.
6. Simplify and unclutter your life.
7. Less is more.. (Although one is often not enough, two are often too
8. Allow extra time to do things and to get to places.
9. Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult projects over
time; don't lump the hard things all together.
10. Take one day at a time.
11. Separate worries from concerns. If a situation is a concern, find
out what God would have you do and let go of the anxiety. If you can't
do anything about a situation, forget it.
12. Live within your budget; don't use credit cards for ordinary purchases.
13 . Have backups; an extra car key in your wallet, an extra house key
buried in the garden, extra stamps, etc.
14. K.M.S. (Keep Mouth Shut). This single piece of advice can prevent
an enormous amount of trouble.
15. Do something for the Kid in You everyday.
16. Carry a Bible with you to read while waiting in line.
17. Get enough rest.
18. Eat right.
19. Get organized so everything has its place.
20. Listen to a tape while driving that can help improve your quality of
21. Write down thoughts and inspirations.
22. Every day, find time to be alone.
23. Having problems? Talk to God on the spot.. Try to nip small
problems in the bud. Don't wait until it's time to go to bed to try
24. Make friends with Godly people.
25. Keep a folder of favorite scriptures on hand.
26. Remember that the shortest bridge between despair and hope is
often a good "Thank you Jesus."
28. Laugh some more!
29. Take your work seriously, but not yourself at all.
30. Develop a forgiving attitude (most people are doing the best they can).
31. Be kind to unkind people (they probably need it the most).
32. Sit on your ego.
33. Talk less; listen more.
34. Slow down.
35. Remind yourself that you are not the general manager of the universe.
36 . Every night before bed, think of one thing you're grateful for
that you've never been grateful for before. GOD HAS A WAY OF TURNING
THINGS AROUND FOR YOU. "If God is for us, who can be against us?"
Sunday, December 16, 2007
I was on a jeep (packed like sardines with sacks of rice, chickens, bags of junk food and boxes of various goods) that travels the worse-than-your-halsema road going to my birthplace. We left town at around 1PM and expected to arrive at around 6. Almost half way up the road that looks for the most part like a water buffalo mud pool, the jeep broke. The pile of metal (differential is it?) under its belly fell off because it has been "leveling off the stony 'hill' in between the path of the tires" for the last couple of hours. There were no houses in sight so we had no option other than to walk up the road and find a house while the guys try to do something about the jeep. After over half an hour of hiking, we came to a dwelling. There was a little sari-sari store with lots of ripe bananas for sale. We attacked the bananas while we wait. And we wait and wait and wait and wait then after two hours, I received an SMS asking me what color my bag is. A very nice lady carried my belongings to the house where I was. Apparently, the jeep was irreparable at the time and so we have no choice but to stay there overnight.
Good for us Igorots. We can be guests in people's houses even if they barely know us. All the passengers of the jeep were forced to leave their sacks of rice and boxes of goods in the jeep with a promise from the driver that he'll go down to town to buy the necessary parts, fix his jeep and deliver their supplies to their doors.
I and my brother was supposed to be in the village that day but since we were stranded in the middle of nowhere, and the meeting we were supposed to go to pushed through without us, we did not have any more reason to go so we went back to town by foot the next morning. The problem was that I was wearing my usual half-inch heeled sandals. Along the way, my brother noticed that I was getting slower and slower. He assumed it's due to blisters. Good for me he was wearing flipflops (step-in nga kuna da) so we exchanged footwears. Of the 5 hours that we hiked, I walked with my sandals for an hour, my brother for 4 hours. LOL
Thank God for big brothers.
(Last night he was at my home. He was watching TV and had put up his legs on the center table. I noticed a big keloid-like extension on both his big toes. I'm sure my sandals are to blame for those big blisters.
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
- Pick your birth month.
- Bold the 5-10 that best apply to you.
- Copy to your own journal, with all twelve months (Click here for the months).
MARCH: Attractive personality (di yata masyado kase maraming takot sa'kin). Sexy (noon, hahaha). Affectionate. Shy and reserved. Secretive. Naturally honest, generous and sympathetic (itanong na lang sa iba, kakahiya naman:). Loves peace and serenity. Sensitive to others (dati, di na masyado ngayon, medyo na-out of tune eh!). Loves to serve others (in more general things, not much on washing dishes for someone or anything like that, c, i used to do that when I was younger but someone always told me na nagpapalapad ako ng papel so maybe i have a psychological thing with that aspect, lol). Easily angered (hah! tumpak na tumpak). Trustworthy (guessed what? I got a most trustworthy medal in 4th grade, does that count? hehe). Appreciative and returns kindness (if i can). Observant and assesses others. Revengeful (sumusumpong pa rin) Loves to dream and fantasize. Loves traveling (sana). Loves attention (from one particular person, yes). Hasty decisions in choosing partners (in buying things, impulsive ako). Loves home decors (i love looking at them but i don't have the knack to put them together in an extraordinary way) Musically talented (i sing a little). Loves special things (who doesn't?). Moody (ah, yes, grabee)
I'll copy the birthmonths of the people (whom i personally know) tagged here and bold the adjectives that I think most apply to them. On second thought, let me play it safe, so what you'll see below is the top 5 character that I like about these people. You may do it too, if you like.
I tag layad, djidji, & bet-ew, lovelyn, lord manila stone, ellenmay, and yung iba pang gusto.
FEBRUARY: Abstract thoughts. Loves reality and abstract. Intelligent and clever. Changing personality. Attractive. Sexy. Temperamental. Quiet, shy and humble. Honest and loyal. Determined to reach goals. Loves freedom. Rebellious when restricted. Loves aggressiveness. Too sensitive and easily hurt. Gets angry really easily but does not show it. Dislikes unnecessary things. Loves making friends but rarely shows it. Daring and stubborn. Ambitious. Realizes dreams and hopes. Sharp. Loves entertainment and leisure. Romantic on the inside not outside. Superstitious and ludicrous. Spendthrift. Tries to learn to show emotions.
OCTOBER: Loves to chat (superrrr). Loves those who loves them. Loves to take things at the center. Inner and physical beauty. Lies but doesn’t pretend. Gets angry often. Treats friends importantly. Always making friends. Easily hurt but recovers easily. Daydreamer. Opinionated. Does not care of what others think. Emotional. Decisive. Strong clairvoyance. Loves to travel, the arts and literature. Touchy and easily jealous. Concerned. Loves outdoors. Just and fair. Spendthrift. Easily influenced (i like this kase naiimpluwensiyahan ko siya, hahaha). Easily loses confidence. Loves children.
JUNE: Thinks far with vision (good for our team cuz sometimes my myopia goes farther than literal/physical). Easily influenced by kindness. Polite and soft-spoken. Having ideas. Sensitive. Active mind. Hesitating, tends to delay. Choosy and always wants the best. Temperamental. Funny and humorous. Loves to joke. Good debating skills. Talkative. Daydreamer. Friendly. Knows how to make friends. Able to show character. Easily hurt. Prone to getting colds. Loves to dress up. Easily bored. Fussy. Seldom shows emotions. Takes time to recover when hurt. Brand conscious. Executive. Stubborn.
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
But here are what made it interesting too:
- Eight more books of the OT that my team has translated were published in Kalanguya (although I have yet to see the new books.)
- My very good friend D (known to most of you as Layad or Fongakhan) spent a week and a day with B and me. We had a good time catching up on our gossip J but most specially, she helped me finish my academic work so that I was able to turn them in on time.
- My nephew turned 8 and we invited him over to dinner. We had his favorite spaghetti and ice cream (though super lamig na sa Vizcaya) and D made a yummy dessert out of Graham biscuits, fruit cocktail, cream and milk.
- Early Sunday morning (), D and I walked to town to wait for the Cable Tours—a bus that travels from
to Bontoc. Both of us are nearsighted, and so the bus has to be at a certain distance before we can read its sign. Anyway, many Victorys, Baliwags and Manila came and gone but Cable tours is nowhere in sight. So we just kept talking and waiting. D was telling some stories and I was listening to her while keeping vigilant for the bus. D’s story was towards the most interesting part and then a bus came. When it’s approximately 15 ft or so away from me, I read the name of the bus “Cable, Bontoc.” When I heard my voice, only then did it register that it’s the one we’ve been waiting for. But I waved it down too late that it just rolled pass us. We went back to the house again. I slept until late morning that B almost had to pour water on me to wake me up. I was late in church. That night, D and I waited for again, and went out to wait for that darn bus. Same thing happened. That was Ok with me cuz D and I can spend more time talking but probably not with D’s mom. Ngayon nga lang naman nakauwi ang anak eh sa kaibigan pa magtatagal! J On Monday morning, I went to sleep at , and was still in dreamland when D left at around 8. What a visit, sis! Sorry for not saying goodbye! J Floridas
- I played volleyball after months (maybe a year) of not subjecting myself to any active exercise. Three days later, I still felt like I fought Wesley Snipes… so maybe it’s time to do some strength training again…