WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS

No, of course not!!! I'm not talking about withdrawal symptoms from drugs or alcohol. I've never been on drugs, i.e. illegal drugs, so the withdrawal symptoms I am talking about is not from quitting drugs. :)

As many of you are, I am used to being online for days end; but for the last two weeks or so, our internet connection went totally down. Our connection is not perfectly good. There are instances when it just go off for a few hours then comes on again. Not this time though.
.
On the first day, I did the first thing you'd do: Check the connections from the modem to the pc, and all that. I turned the modem off then turned it on again, but still nothing. And for that whole first day, I did nothing but tinker with the cables and the off and on button. I can't work, can't think, without first going through the routine of checking my emails, checking my blogs if someone left a comment, reading my friends' posts, and everything you do when you open your pc. I forced my mind back to the task at hand (which was checking my teammates' translations) but I kept going back to checking if the internet is on again.
.
The second day is pretty much the same except that the anxiety and the other symptoms are a bit lesser.
.
On the third day, I asked my sister to go to the Internet provider's office and make a report. After a few hours, they sent a technician to reconfigure our modem or whatever. I did not watch what the technie did but it did not do any good anyway. He went away and promised me that he'd call back.
.
The fourth day, another man in blue overalls with a long ladder atop his truck. He came to the house and reported that our internet cable has been cut somewhere. Apparently, our neighbour cleared some trees around his property and had accidentally damaged the cable. (He could have come to us to say something about it but he didn't.) Anyway, this blue person, I mean this guy in blue came and promised that our connection should be good now since he repaired the wire. I told him the connection is still down. He took the modem and held it in front of my nose and said it's now connected because this and that button has a light in it. I told him, OK, maybe it will come later then. A week more passed and nothing happened.
.
Until my boss came from the US and said that we better have it fixed. Apparently, they were also having internet withdrawal symptoms. :)
.
Well, that's it. Three different technicians came four times in the span of one day and got the problem fixed. (Siggggghhhhhhhhhhhh)
.
Hayyyy, salamat!
.
Now you know why I have been scarce this last two weeks.

Comments

admindude said…
Awww, thats terrible. Hayyy, we are always hostage to these inefficient companies. But welcome back, we kind of missed you. I thought you were in Baguio doing that scrabble thing but I checked your post about it and found out that its next week pa pala. And enjoy Panagbenga when you get there :-)
G said…
Hayyy salamat! namiss ako online! hehehe.. Thanks po :) Yea, I really like that festival, except for the traffic jam and the memory of one Panagbenga years ago when my pangtuition and my very sentimentally valuable wallet was stolen dahil sa aking pakikipagsiksikan at gitgitan!
Anonymous said…
Yes, I was wondering why I kept seeing the same blog for far too long...he he he. Just kidding. Good to see you back.

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS