OHHH MHIIINNN!!

When I first saw Taal Volcano view from Tagaytay City, I cried. When I went back for a visit 19 years later, I cried.
When I first saw my newborn nephew, I cried.
When I first got a pencil sketch of a rose from my bf, I cried.
When a protagonist cries in the movies, I usually cry too.
Am I crazy? No, I am a woman.

I'd kill my husband (or anybody close to me) if he seriously thinks that I am crazy if a nice painting or a beautiful lake view moves me to tears. Well, okay, I'm just being hyperbolic but you know what I mean! I won't kill him as in literally murder him but I will give him no less than a week of cold back at best or the sofa for a bed at worst if he criticise me for my feminine sensitivity.

This entry is an initial reaction to comments I and a colleague of mine read in one of our online friend's blog. ("You'll" probably come here and read this.) They were talking about that scene in Piolo and Judy Anne's last movie when a cold, toughie, executive-type girl saw the Banawe Rice terraces and when she looked back to the man, she was crying. Ok, it's sappy! Ok, it's corny! Call me foolish, silly, sentimental, name it! BUT she is a woman.

Yes, more and more pinays are subscribing to the "what a man can do, I can do too" way of thinking and carrying themselves but some (e.g. me and my colleague) still have these two pairs of lacrimal glands that are very active and ready to get to work with the slightest provocation. You know that song revived by Boyzone called "I love the way you love me?"

But I love the way you love me
Strong and wild, slow and easy
Heart and soul so completely
I love the way you love me

And I like the sound of old R 'n' B
And you roll your eyes when I'm slightly off key
And I like the innocent way that you cry
At sappy old movies you've seen thousands of times.

I am sure that 90% of women would like their men to react like the man in the song
during the times when they celebrate their gift of sensitivity. I can understand
men who doesn't understand this 'phenomenon' among women and neither do I personally
like my man to be moved to tears by something (not someone:) beautiful, but it's ok if he does.
But I won't even try to understand men who would ridicule me and tell me I'm crazy
when I cry with the soap stars. But This is just ME!

To be able to cry even for no reason at all is a gift.


Whoaahh! I sound so staid and humorless!


TB and BB, I'm not angry at you, I'm just sayin' what's in my heart. :) :) PEACE!!

Comments

Wil said…
Kilala ko yata si TB and BB. hehe. But I don't remember them talking about a Judy Ann or Piolo movie. Which post ba yun? :)
admindude said…
Hi Ferri,
My apologies if you were offended and I appreciate your honesty about it. Peace ha :-)
Wil, it's in the comment section here.
Anonymous said…
First time I cried was when my parents died. Last time I cried was (viewing the magestic Kennon Road, hehe..joke lang naman), actually, last time I cried was when Gloria said "I am Sorry"!
Siguro, most men were just born with clogged tear ducts, lol..
Miss FBI, Ganda, and my wife, you are all have similarities, amazing tear ducts, like a brand new water pipes always, isn't that funny!?
Did you know Yeng Constantino purposely wrote her hit song "Hawak Kamay" for Piolo P and Sam M? Just made that up, hehe..
In all honesty, the only movie that moved me (maybe my eyes were cloudy then), was an older movie called "All Mine to Give". After the movie, the bathtowel I gave my wife was soaked!!
For FBI, I thought it's more difficult to gauge women that men. I could be wrong..
Good exchanges of opinions here and hope you guys are well-rested and ready for the next round,hehe.
And by the way, it's very okay to cry, it's good for your health..
If there will be "death threat" directed towards TruBlue and BB, we know where it's coming from, hahaha!! Cheers to all......
G said…
hi wil,
Kilala mo talaga kase mga sikat sa blogspot.. lol :)

ei BB & TB,
Apology accepted! :) That should teach ya 2b careful around us! hehe

TB talaga, nang-okray pa! Di mo na lang sinabing water hose para walang tigil! Lol! Water pipes kase pwedeng isara, db? Hayy naku!

'nyweiz, Shalom!
Anonymous said…
Hei Sir TB,
Thanks po sa pang-ookray...lolz. Anyway, that's the reason why you men love us women...hahaha...don't deny it. Aminin!!!///lolz....ako naman ang nagtatantrums d2...kau kasi eh...wehehe..

Well, some men are hard to understand too, ya know. I guess they are harder to understand pa nga kasi they tend to keep all things inside and do not talk a lot about what's happening inside them...well, hindi ko naman po nilalahat kasi ung iba jan e mas vocal pa kesa sa aming girls.

Hei sir TB, hope u will let ur wife read this entry and tell us what she thinks...hehaah!

Sir BB,
Apologies accepted but like I said in your blog...treat u kami...para mas masaya di ba?...lolz..

Good day everyone!

FBI
Anonymous said…
From one feminist to another, of course she will side with you guys!
Nothing new there, hehe...
Agree FBI that some men keep things inside them. Since I've been married, been trying to lose her since day one!! Hindi ko lang masabi-sabi sa betterhalf ko. Okay, sa atin-atin lang ito..hahaha. That's just in my dreams lang naman. Peace on earth!! Cheers and goodhealth.
I think men who cry are strong and men who cry in public are even stronger. Biologically (and I do not want to sound like a biology professor), men and women have the same number of lachrymal glands: two. These glands are responsible for the production of tears. Naturally, men and women have equal capacity to cry. Culturally though, they differ because of the social construction of the sexes. Men are not supposed to cry because it is an act of weakness. But a man who strikes down this belief and cries when he must is strong because he is ready to go up against the formidable culture. Those who do not cry because they do not want to appear weak are actually weak because they are afraid of culture. Mahinang klase. :-)

I loved Raul Roco when he cried publicly during the Erap impeachment trial. How strong. How macho!
Anonymous said…
Nyahahaha... Nagsorry ang mga may kasalanan! Anyway, I can relate sa mga sinabi mo, sis. I also cry when I laugh, which other people find weird as well. Hmmmm... It may be hereditary cos my mother cries when she laughs also.

The last time I cried was ... Nyehehehe... Wag na lang at baka ako okrayin mo, sis! =) Nice piece by the way.

LAYAD
Anonymous said…
My GPS zeroed in to another heartbreaking way to shed a tear: raising of the flag makes someone cry! I'm so touched, come to think of it, when BB raised the "white flag" signifying our surrender to you guys, I was in tears while saluting it! Not sure if Bill cried, but me doing it in public assured me of my igorot gallantry.
Siguro naman, saan nga okray daytoy mga sis..goodhealth.
G said…
hi Madam Cheryl,

Thank you for dropping by and leaving your comments.

I cannot agree with you more. Men who cannot or are afraid to cry are weaker than they think.

halo sis layad,
d2 sa blogger, si Trueblue lang ang nang-ookray! hehehe

ei Trueblue,

ok na, I just hope na someday, your name becomes truered...hehehe for one and only one reason.. when you really learn to appreciate what it is with us women who cry lakelike.
Shalom...

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS