WHERE WE'VE BEEN (UPDATE FROM THE LUMAWANS)

I noticed (in case you did not)  that I have been neglecting my blog.  There are a few reasons and heaps and heaps of excuses but you don't  need to know my excuses! :)

Actually, I have been neglecting many things lately.  One reason is something like this:
It's 42 minutes past midnight and I am halfway down the Philippines and still awake and thinking.  The reality is that, I was in a fork until a few days ago.  I needed to make a lot of major decisions (well, not really a lot, just one) that will affect my and my husband's future. 

For a few years now, there has been an on-going discussion regarding further academic training for me and my husband. This year, the discussion has been brought to the front and was mulled over and over by major players.  It was agreed that Bong and I will go to Canada Institue of Linguistics (ACTS, Trinity Western University, BC, Canada) for me to get another Master's degree--this time in Linguistics and Exegesis.  It has been discussed that I should go ahead and take a doctorate somewhere, probably in Australia but I felt that I am not yet ready to do that.  I am glad, that finally, the decision has been made and many people who love the Lord have pledged to help us in our needs.  Due to problems in scheduling and paperwork (passporting for Bong and visa application for him and me), we decided to just go September of next year.  That way, it allows plenty of lead time for processing all the necessary papers.  Please pray with us as we try to get things in order at this end.

Here are some specific items that we can Praise God and continue praying for
1.  A successful trip to Cagayan de Oro City (June 20-22) where I went to teach Paratext, LineDisplay and other translation tools to some colleagues there.  I was happy to see P and D and their family.  I'm blessed just by seeing them and the work they are doing among the Tala-Andig and the Higaunon tribespeople of Misamis Oriental.  I was also able to spend some time with my sister-in-law. :)

2.  Bong (and Paul from Ibaloi Team).  They started their computer consultation training today in Manila.  (Yes, one day after I got home from CDO, Bong had to leave for  Manila.  No wonder, we can't reproduce!" hehehe  This computer training is crucial to the work of Bible Translation among us Mother Tongue Translators.  A lot of times, computers that bogged down sit in the storage for months for lack of trained technician to fix the problem.  Having our own computer technicians/consultants is an answered prayer.

3.   NPMTTA will be receiving 10 new laptops soon and that calls for a lot of whoops and hurrahs from the teams that will get one or two. :):)  Praise God for providing our needs. 

4. Finished Agta Workshop last Jun 1st.  I still need to make my report on this but I seem to push it to the backburner everytime somebody rreminds me to do it.

5.  My brother Gerry Pido was elected as one of the town councilors of Kayapa, Nueva Vizcaya.  He is also a teacher in my home church.  Please pray for wisdom, and strength of character to always choose to do what is just and right in the sight of God as he juggle his time between church leading and working for the government.

6.  My uncle Tony Dupiano was elected to the provincial board of Nueva Vizcaya. Please pray for revival of his Christian life.  He has been too busy to even go to church since he sat as the mayor of our town. That was 9 years ago. As a result, there was not much to encourage him to live his faith eversince.  I believe that he will be more effective as a leader if he explicitly testify to his faith among his co-pliticians and his constituents.

7.  My friend Daphne who willl be leaving the country for Singapore on June 28th.  Praise God for His provision of her needs and  may we continue to pray for her as she adjust to the culture and to the academic set up that she will meet there.  Pray also that she'll make good friends who will be a source of encouragement and fun as they study.

8.  Praise God also for 51 students who have decided to live in CFM.  Pray that they will be able to know and respond accordingly to the love of God for them as they study God's Word in CFM.  Pray that the CFM Staff will be able to lead them to the true knowledge of Christ even as they go about their different areas of colleagiate studies.  The CFM Staff are Dad (Longcoy) & Mom (Lina),  Bong and I, and Norman and Hilda.

9.  Sarah.  Praise God with us for Sarah, my younger sis.  She went back to AGS to continue her studies in Bible Translation and Linguistics.  May she continue to see the vision of Bible Translation and to specifically see where God wants her in the ministry.

10.  Pray also for my brother Lee, and my sister-in-law Maemae, as they try to find a job.  Lee is trying to find a job on Welding and/or construction abroad and Maemae is trying to find a hospital in Manila to work as a nurse. Pray that they will be able to find financial help as they hunt for a job and to finally find a good one. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS