SHORT UPDATE ON MY WHEREABOUTS

Dear praying friends and family,

 

I arrived in Manila at half past 3AM yesterday and was welcomed by the humid, polluted air that is characteristic of Manila.  I went directly to B & E’s apartment where I will be living for the next 8 weeks or so.  NV is hot and humid too but it’s nothing like the Manila heat that seems like a leech that just hangs on to your skin.

 

The bus ride from Bambang was uneventful except for the fact that the aircondition chilled me to the marrows.  Praise YHWH for a safe trip. 

 

After having my measurements taken (for school uniform), the program director asked me to print out a whole book from an e-library but before that, she gave us a tour of the whole school (like I never studied there).  It was good though, cuz I did have tours before as a student and not as a teacher.

 

Today, I met with my mentor.  She bought me lunch at a food place nearby as we started to get to know one another.  I like her at the first handshake.  We are of similar personality I think—being not much of a talker herself but she does go out of her way to start a new conversation everytime it deteriorates, and mind you, a conversation with margie deteriorates in many places along the length of an exchange.

 

I was at first apprehensive about this teaching thing.  I do not feel qualified yet to serve even as a teaching assistant; but having prepared the Monday lessons as well as meeting my mentor did a lot to dispel my fears.  I think that I will learn a lot from her and I expect to grow as we trudge this uphill climb to Phonology. (It is an uphill climb to me.)

 

B&E invited me to dinner so I should get going now. 

 

…to be continued…

Comments

rob luc said…
sis Welcome to Manila.... Grabe noh!!! andito ka na nga e bihara pa tayo kita... I know you are busy preparing for next week.
Bob Ambrosius said…
Thanks for the update, good to know that you arrived safely, UB
Bob Ambrosius said…
Thanks for the update, good to know that you arrived safely, UB
Jhie Behis said…
We'll be here alongside u ate...jaz tell me if i become a nuisance...hehehe...
sarah Pido said…
Wew, kammon agak awatan men mambagaak di hapit tayo ngo hehe hota aliwan obvious ;-) lolz
Margie Lumawan said…
oo nga eh! kaw, kase di mo me iniimbita magdinner jan! :)
Margie Lumawan said…
hi UB&AJ, thanks for leaving a comment! :) Today is my first day. I wasn't able to sleep last night due to nerves... but my mentor said, it went well, anyway. :) Praise God! :)
Margie Lumawan said…
hi adings! agpakan kayo koma ah! welcoming! awan dagitoy nga! :)

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS