WAIT ON THE LORD

I was so cranky when I woke up this morning because I wanted to have a quiet time but the tv was blaring and set on a channel where big men with vandalized integumentary system and wearing vandalized denims and leather vests who make and ride motorcycles and speak the foulest language were discussing about motorcylces of course..  Well, the tv always go ‘toooot’ on all those languages but it does not matter because your mind hears the words, so anyway, I got so irritated that I asked (not very nicely) the person watching the tv to turn the volume down, or better yet turn it off, then I picked up my book and went inside my room to sulk. 

 

My irritation started yesterday, actually.  I received another suggestion on what should I do with my future and it really got on my nerves that I blurted out, “Lord, You know I am not a very patient person, but as far as I know, I really have been very patient with this situation!  Yet how long are you gonna be quiet instead of making everything clear to me?”  Hehe, wrong question huh!  Yes, you kind of get to some point like that when your life was being planned for the last 5 years or so but still you are not seeing even a glimmer of clarity or certainty in the nearest horizon.  But we cannot rule out the possiblity that I might be looking towards the opposite direction.

 

While I was moping in my room, I decided to just have the quiet time I planned to have.  It was not very easy to drive my mind away from the source of my irritation and focus on the Word.  I picked up my book and scanned the pages. It was a devotional on Psalms.  The title of the article for the day is, “How long can you wait?”  from Psalm 13. Talk about God’s timing!

 

David said, “How long O Lord? Will you forget me forever?  How long will you hide your face from me?  How long shall I take my counsel from my soul?” (Ps. 13:1, 2)  

 

Warren Wiersbe said:  We expect God to do what we want Him to do—and right now!  But he doesn’t always act immediately.  Abraham had to wait for 25 years after God’s promise before Isaac was born.  Isaac had to wait 20 years for his children.  Joseph had to wait 13 years before he was set free and put on a position.  Moses had to wait 80 years.  You see, God’s schedule is not the same as ours.  Sometimes he waits so that he can do more for us than we ecpect.  When he heard that Lazarus was dying, our Lord waited until his friend’s death before he came.  But when he came, he brought a greater miracle and received great glory.  The hardest thing to do is wait on the Lord.  But we can if we will trust Him and rest on His Word.

 

Some of your greatest blessings come with patience.  When you must wait for God to act, you can be confident that He knows what is best for you and what will best glorify Him.  Are you waiting for God to act on your behalf?  Align with His timing and rest on the promises of His Word.

I so needed to be reminded about this.  I praise and thank God for His perfect timing...

So please allow me to take Hab. 2:3, 4 out of context and claim it as God’s message for me re my future in His ministry.   3 * For still the vision awaits its time; it hastens to the end--it will not lie.  If it seem slow, wait for it; it will surely come, it will not delay. 4 * Behold, he whose soul is not upright in him shall fail, but the righteous shall live by his faith.” 

My prayer is that may I be able to appropraite the faith God gives me everyday and be able to honestly say that:  “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, therefore I will hope in him. 25 The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul that seeks him.” (Lamentations 3:24, 25)


And guessed what's been playing in my mediaplayer today...

I WILL LISTEN
Twila Paris

Hard as it seems,standing in dreams
Where is the dreamer now
Wonder if I wanted to try
Would I remember how.

I don’t know the way to go from here
But I know that I have made my choice
This is where I stand until He moves me on
And I will listen to His voice.

This is the faith
Patience to wait
When there is nothing clear
Nothing to see
Still we believe
Jesus is very near.

 
I cannot imagine what will come
But I’ve already made my choice
And this is where I stand until he moves me on
And I will listen to his voice

Could it be that He is only waiting there to see
If I will learn to love the dreams that He has dreamt for me.

 
Can’t imagine what the future holds
But I’ve already made my choice
And this is where I stand until he moves me on
And I will listen to his voice.


Dear praying ones, Please continue to pray with us about this. I praise and thank God for the certainty that He revealed to me  today.  He wanted me to wait, that is certain.    Thank you all...

Comments

Oh wow, I dont think this is a coincidence, sis. That passage from Habakkuk carried me through (and it still is carrying me through) one of my recent and difficult struggles in life. Even though we have different contexts in our application of it, I believe that it is God's word to us. We continue to wait for him for direction and discernment. Praying for u, sis!
Margie Lumawan said…
thanks sis! talaga??? :) amazing 'no? yup, ang pinakamabuting gawin ng tao is to wait for Him to act... i mean, dati na nating alam yun pero minsan nakakalimutan ko... buti na lang we have His Words to refresh us.
Yes, cos I was reading the book of my professor here during that difficult time (alam mo na kung ano ito) entitled, "God, why? Habakkuk's Struggle with Faith in a World Out of Control." When I came to that passage, ay na sis, the floodgates opened. It really ministered to me. Im thankful that it continues to encourage us, kahit na kahirap mag-antay hehehehe...
sarah Pido said…
wow ate, encouraging :) ako maghihintay hehe wait for what? Ibang context naman ako lolz...anyways...praying for you din ate :)
rob luc said…
hahaha this is really encouraging gaya ng sabi ng mga sisters though hindi pareparehong context pero it applies to all. This reminded me to just wait and in God's due time He will let me see great things that he has prepared for me.
Jhie Behis said…
hmmmm...you all beat me to it...kaya pala u were asking earlier if i was...nagmamarakulyo...which i am...hehe (mali yata, pangit ang dating e)...yep that messgae has been thrown my way by different people and different ways and now his...thank God for what He has been doing and will still be doing...a matter of trusting His heart...blessings!
Margie Lumawan said…
yes, sis :) for example... a great guy for you! hehehe
Margie Lumawan said…
yes, sis :) for example... a great guy for you! hehehe
Margie Lumawan said…
yup! like what the song says:

and when you don't understand, and you can't see His plan
when you can't trace His hand, Trust His Heart" :)

hayyyy, panawen dagiti senti!
Jean B said…
oo nga e..panawen nga talaga..hehaah!
bob arsenio said…
it is comforting to know that when we wait on Him, it is the best among the bests... if there is a school of patient, all of us are recipients. Bakit nga ba mahirap sa atin ang maghintay??? Blessings!
bob arsenio said…
naalala ko lang ang isa sa mga favorite verses ko. di ito sermon a...text lang ha ha ha
Proverbs 3:5,6. This verse has turned my life into where I am today 'i think'.

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS