GOSPEL TRACT

One of the requirements in the course I attended last month was to come up with a printed Gospel Tract.  I have put it off for as long as I can because, I don't know... my brain just went on standby for the last few weeks and I couldn't get it to work no matter how hard and long I try to focus.  But two days ago, an inspiration came and yesterday I finished the tract.  I called it WHY? 

Sometime ago, I received an email warning people about the movie The  Golden Compass.  I remember seeing its promo cut in a SM some months back and I even decided that I'd see it because the effects are quite amazing and starred in by a little girl as well as Nicole Kidman and Michelle Pfieffer. I thought it's a good movie, but the email said otherwise.  The email says, "There will be a new children's movie which will be out in December.... The movie has been described as "atheism for kids" and is based on the first book of a trilogy entitled "His Dark Materials" that was written by Phillip Pullman.  Pullman apparently is a militant atheist and secular humanist who despises C. S. Lewis and the "Chronicles of Narnia".  His motivation for writing this trilogy was specifically to counteract Lewis' symbolisms of Christ that are portrayed in the Narnia series."  If this is the case, then I won't even waste time and money to see it.  You might want to tell your friends and family also.

Anyway, that email got me into thinking about how so many people nowadays are asking questions, like "IF THERE IS A GOD, WHY......, etc."  On the other hand, people who have some sort of belief in God are also asking the "IF YOU SAY GOD IS LOVE, WHY...."  line of question.  On one side of the tract are the questions and on the other side is a condensed answer to all the questions.  I got help from UBs lecture notes on God's requirements, man as guilty before a holy and just God, and how the death of Jesus satisfied God's justice and holiness.  We people love the part that says GOD IS LOVE, that we emphasize it too much that sometimes we forget that God is also just and He won't let sin go unpunished.  I tried to put a little bit of that in the tract but it was a challenge getting it all there, what with the very limited space. 

So my tract is basically a presentation of the Gospel in the context of today's atheistic and or blame-it-to-God tendencies. I hope to get this tract translated into Kalanguya and then get it reproduced. :)

Comments

bob arsenio said…
tem amon pehed!
Jhie Behis said…
pehed talaga=)..i saw it!

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS