GOODBYE, NOVEMBER

This last week has been unbelievably frenzied for me because all the tasks that I kept shoving into the back burner had caught up on me and forced me to move really quick. As always, trust me to put off everything I don’t like to do until the very end. Thank God, it’s over! Here’s what made my last week of November very hectic.

But here are what made it interesting too:

  1. Eight more books of the OT that my team has translated were published in Kalanguya (although I have yet to see the new books.)
  2. My very good friend D (known to most of you as Layad or Fongakhan) spent a week and a day with B and me. We had a good time catching up on our gossip J but most specially, she helped me finish my academic work so that I was able to turn them in on time.
  3. My nephew turned 8 and we invited him over to dinner. We had his favorite spaghetti and ice cream (though super lamig na sa Vizcaya) and D made a yummy dessert out of Graham biscuits, fruit cocktail, cream and milk.
  4. Early Sunday morning (2-4AM), D and I walked to town to wait for the Cable Tours—a bus that travels from Manila to Bontoc. Both of us are nearsighted, and so the bus has to be at a certain distance before we can read its sign. Anyway, many Victorys, Baliwags and Floridas came and gone but Cable tours is nowhere in sight. So we just kept talking and waiting. D was telling some stories and I was listening to her while keeping vigilant for the bus. D’s story was towards the most interesting part and then a bus came. When it’s approximately 15 ft or so away from me, I read the name of the bus “Cable, Bontoc.” When I heard my voice, only then did it register that it’s the one we’ve been waiting for. But I waved it down too late that it just rolled pass us. We went back to the house again. I slept until late morning that B almost had to pour water on me to wake me up. I was late in church. That night, D and I waited for 2AM again, and went out to wait for that darn bus. Same thing happened. That was Ok with me cuz D and I can spend more time talking but probably not with D’s mom. Ngayon nga lang naman nakauwi ang anak eh sa kaibigan pa magtatagal! J On Monday morning, I went to sleep at 6AM, and was still in dreamland when D left at around 8. What a visit, sis! Sorry for not saying goodbye! J
  5. I played volleyball after months (maybe a year) of not subjecting myself to any active exercise. Three days later, I still felt like I fought Wesley Snipes… so maybe it’s time to do some strength training again…
With that, I said goodbye to November, the shortest month of this year for me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a month! At least may mga magagandang pangyayari in between sa mga sandamakmak at sangkatutak na requirements, d ba?...hehe.

Can't wait for your December acts and antics..wehehe.



Djin/J/FBI=)
just wondering if nueva vizcaya is as cold as baguio or mountain province, although i know nasa boundary lang ata siya, those cable cars remind me na i once planned to go to mountain province pero hindi pa ako nakakatapak dun, until now, yang pic mo sa taas, akala ko sa kisbeng, sa likod ng capitol sa trinidad, i got wonderful and bitter memories there, hihihi
Anonymous said…
Yay, December is my favorite month. By the way - you've been tagged, and since it's Christmas, send me your address, I'll send you something even if you didn't make the top five on my "Gifties" entry.
admindude said…
Blessing in disguise yung pag-miss ninyo ng Cable Tours; at least you spent more time with D. The bus stops in that store where they sell the really delicious buko pie. Didn't realize that NV makes buko pies that are better (I'm not joking) than the one's in Laguna.
Anonymous said…
Ay korek sir BB (hmmm...dats urs initial din a, d ba?) masarap talaga ang buko pie sa NV pramiz!...lolz...




FBI
Anonymous said…
hey djidji, as in sandamakmak talaga! sandamakmak ding buntung-hininga at tulog ang nasakripisyo! kainis nga eh, itong kuya mo,gumawa ng sariling plano sa birthday nya na pordaboys! bahala sila!layasan ko nga siya! i'll take the girls (mga insans) to sagada! sama ka?!

hi lord, :) the Kayapa (that's my municipality) is mountainous and so it's nearly as cold as baguio but the lowland NV is not that cold. haha, talaga ha? ok yun ah, both wonderful n bitter!

hi sis, uy thanks! ;)... i'll leave my address at your blog. How kind naman sis! Thanks again, more blessings to you... Merry Christmas! mwahhh

hei bill, really? u think our (I mean G&B) buko pies are better than Laguna's? Thanks! They're delicious nga, kulang nga lang ng konti sa presentation compared to Laguna... if anybody cares for my two-pennies. :)
Anonymous said…
ay cge ate sama ako..wehehe..kelan ba yan?hmmm..bigla nagkainteres e wala na nga kapera-pera..wahuhuhu...

oo naman..as in ngata a nga naimas ah..oo nga presentation lang ti kurang...

oi sir TB,two pennies daw sabi ni ate g...hehe,



J(dami ko na name d2 a...lolz)
Layad said…
Ayayayayay! Ngaun lang ulit nabuhay. Kelan kaya kami magkakaroon ng kapitbahay na may Wifi para naman makasagap ng grasya at araw-araw makaonline? Ahehehehe...

Sis, ung mooncake di masisira un kc made to last, parang fruitcake nyehehehe.. Might do the meme kung maraming oras sa internet.

That DARN Cable bus nga agpayso! Pagkagising ko ng 8am after we came home at past 4am, may I brush my teeth ako at kinuha mga gamit ko. Nagulat si Kuya B at tutuloy pa rin daw akong aalis. E ayoko namang hintayin na naman ang darn bus na un. Mukha na nga akong bangag after two days of waiting for it to stop. Well, at least nakauwi naman. Hehehehe... Thank you sis for accompanying me those two nights, and of course, for the good week I had there.

Mas maginaw nga dito sa bundok kesa sa NV. Halos sa bahay nga lang ako kc ayokong lumabas ta agmotmoteg ak, ayna ayan. Kape ken hotcake lang ti rason no apay nga rumrumwar ak ditoy ahehehe...

Speaking of buko pie, iso nga garud kayat ko nga agCable ta lumabas ijay buko pie ket adda koma met ti iyawidko nga pang-ay-ayok ken Nanang ko. Haaay... Naimas nga agpayso a ti buko pie da, kurang lang ti buko na ken gatas na bassit.

Ayun! Sowy sis sa pagkahaba-habang comment. Ingats lagi jan. Blessings!
Anonymous said…
natikman ko yung ginawa ni layad ah! ty

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS