a birthday dinner plan and a horrible picture

It is 1:03AM and this is just another sleepless night. I sooo feel very sick today due to a picture in Facebook that a cousin had commented on which in turn appeared on my screen when I checked my facebook page today. I cannot seem to shake the image of a little boy's body in a dirty plastic basin, with his intestines hanging out of his bare tummy... and with his little head in another container! What sick sick person would do such a thing!!! At first, (and even until now) I was telling myself that the photo was probably photoshopped. But then it seems too real as there are no visible signs of manipulation. It is just soooo UNTHINKABLE!

People who posts pictures that are so graphic like that specially in webpages like Facebook should do necessary precautions not to subject their friends or the friends of their friends to a viewing of it without consenting to view it. I wasn't meaning to look at it but it was a picture so my eyes naturally gravitated to it, and it was right there in my facebook homepage staring back right at me, that even now, after many hours, the picture is still in my mind's eyes, that I can still see it even when I close my eyes, and I keep shuddering, as it sends a shiver down my spine every time my mind unwittingly focuses on the image left in it.

The pictures left me feeling faint and nauseous, and weak, with no appetite at all this whole day. I was supposed to cook dinner and invite the neighbors for Bong's birthday this evening but when I took out the ground pork and the ham from the freezer, my stomach lurched! So I shoved them back into the fridge, and no birthday party, not even a simple meal for Bong. (I'm sorry.)

Comments

Wil said…
Why would your friend post such a picture on Facebook? That boggles my mind.
G said…
hi, it wasn't my friend who posted it actually. She just commented on it, so it appeared on all the updates that morning. :)

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS