my quiet visitor

Last night in the middle of a downpour

A visitor knocked on my backdoor

She was wearing a shroud, tears brimming in her eyes

I was waiting for her the other day

But unexpectedly, she came yesterday

Grief.



Shrinks say that I should embrace her

Because holding her hand is letting go

That talking about her will heal my soul

Crying because of her is healthy

And ignoring her is folly

But what do I know?



She grips your heart and you cannot breathe

She blinds your eyes with tears and you cannot see

She makes you stare into nothingness and you cannot think

She embraces you and you cannot break free.



Maybe time is indeed the healer

Yet I know from before, Grief leaves you never

She goes, and back she comes like a lover

Yet she offers no solace, not even a pray'r.



So weep, my soul

Tomorrow is another day...

Comments

Kayni said…
i have my own meetings with grief, and yes it never leaves. she has her way of coming back even at times you think you forgot her.

for all it's worth, we have to keep moving forward and enjoy this one life that we have. for me, i think i have to an understanding that grief is also part of life - same with happiness and acceptance.

be strong sis.
G said…
thanks sis...

i have accepted my dad's death, and I am moving forward, TG. it's just that I sooooooo regret the many times I was too busy for him.

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS