Fact and Fiction

Bangkok from Above
If you will allow me to speak a little bit exaggerated, I would say that there is a coup d' etat brewing around me. I was barely a few hours back and I was bombarded with issues and negativism that threatened to dislodge my footing. People came carrying their own versions of stories and I had no way of knowing what is really going on. I could not help asking why people can't just live and let live.  Why does someone has to be stronger than the other?  Why do you have to be more connected than the next person?  It boggles the mind why people don't just love one another and think the best of their friends, neighbors, co-workers, and fellow human beings.  I had my circle so small hoping to taste a semblance of peace in my little world but no matter how small I make my world, "world peace" is still just a dream.

How do you not believe a family?  How do you not see a friend? (I meant "see" in the Avatar sense of the word.) What do you do when your friends and your family do not see eye to eye? How do you unlove people to whom you have dedicated your life when they seem not to care for matters of greater import? How do you ignore the craziness and pettiness of their arguments so that you might understand the real issue? How do you dig deeper to find the gold when all you have seen so far is mud and muck?  How do you wrap your mind around the fact that it is fiction to think and believe that there can be perfect unity in diversity, that ALL people can change given the right opportunity? How do you not break your heart everyday you see unhappiness in the eyes of those you love?





mY Synapses...

Comments

abella said…
keww....koy anggan keteg ngo men papopooten ew ni amegen nem hipay pehed.

gifted kad writing isunga ag mo liwanen ni manhulat:)
bill bilig said…
Intriguing post. Hope you were able to put the coup d'etat to rest :-)
G said…
Hi Uncle A,

On niti ah! Yun lang kakatamad pag ganun ang isasalubong sa'yo when all you want to do is work peacefully. :)

Hi Bill,
Hehe! Yeah, it's good the attempted coup took care of itself. Their fire ran out and there was not much to burn in the first place that's why it died off but not after a little 'mutiny.' :) It's all good though, now I know whom to be careful with.

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS