HOT! HOT! HOT!


Lunch today was sooo HOT! Hot in the palatal sense of the word. Yesterday, I had an interesting seaweed-in-my-food experience that caused me multiple trips to the "throne room." But it's all good now! So today, after we got our minds to a point where it was on the verge of unarrangeable (I know that's not a word, hehe) confusion regarding the endless endings of a Greek Verb, I went with colleagues to a nearby cafe inside Payap University, and I ordered what everyone else was having, rice with pork roast and fried basil toppings and an Ice Mocha.

The first taste was sooo good! And the second taste, better,

.... but the third down to the last bite was like kissing or licking the door of hell. Of course I'm not saying, hell has a door. :D But the insides of my mouth started to burn to the point of numbness that I no longer can think. And my friend who's enjoying her plate kept saying, 'Hot ha! But delicious!' and I kept blowing, "Hoooooh!!" almost to "Huhuhuhuhu!!)

That tells me to keep to my Pad Thai plate.

If I am a chilli lover, I would have enjoyed my lunch immensely. But it was just too hot for this lowly eater who is use to nothing but salt on her food.

One thing is sure though, I think I would enjoy cooking this for you, Bong.. or anyone who would want it. Probably not as delicious, but I can make it just as hot. Hehe

Comments

Kayni said…
i'm laughing at the seaweed effect on you. i get that when i eat thai or indian curry. i'm not into spicy food, but i've tried some spicy thai food lately and i seem to have the tolerance, but i don't think i can take anything super spicy.
Wil said…
I've learned to eat spicy food -- just keep eating it with something else and don't drink water. But there is a point for me where too much spice ruins the eating experience.
G said…
hi sis, yeah, the seaweed experience was terrible! :)

Hi Ping-i, thanks for dropping by. A friend of mine brought me warm water and it alleviated the burning feeling. I agree, too much spice does ruin it for me too..

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS