Yzlel's theme song

One weekend, I went home to the village and as usual, I was met by my nephews and nieces expecting a pasalubong.  For a change, I did not bring lollipops, rather, I brought them lots of balloons, which they love so much.  Two weekends later, I went home again and my thirteen month old nephew said, "Tita, hanahanana, bibidong."  And I said, "Sorry, andi bibidong (balloons) nihaya. Kindin aboh." But he kept saying, "Tita, bibidong, hanananana."  He repeated it for maybe 5 times until his mom came in from selling the baskets of guavas that she and Yzlel harvested that morning, and explained to me what Yzlel meant.  He wasn't asking for a balloon pasalubong after all.  He only wanted me to sing the song he and his dad translated that goes:

Waday bibidong ko
Timayab lad kabonyan
Agak la ang-angen
Pimatok na-mo la
Sayang lay pilak ko
Nallakwan kon gayyabah
No makan koma la
Naphelak et koma.

My nephew sang with me, being a one year old little guy, he was only able to sing ...dong ko.  ...bonyan,......la.. ngen, .......pilak ko, .....yabah,  ......ma la,  ... koma. :-)

As far as I know, that song is what makes him go to sleep.  But he doesn't say '..hananana..' anymore. After a week, he was able to say, "Tita Ganda, kanhiyon Ihlal tan tita, bibidong." Yup, he still has to learn how to use pronouns.  He says his name when he should be saying Hi-gak, or -ak, or ko.

Maybe next time, I should bring him those candies that are shaped like vegetables so he could learn Bahay Kubo or maybe I should take him one evening outside the house and catch fireflies and teach him Kamkamti Liyaliya.

Comments

bob arsenio said…
cute!!!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS