PTL for CRAZY TEAMMATES!!! :)

Five years ago, the Kalanguya Bible Translation Team was a one-man (I mean woman) team. I was the only one who was 'misguided' :) enough to commit my life to Bible translation. Now after five years, we are now five (actually 5 and a half) in the team.

I praise God for my uncle Bagly Arsenio who committed his life to help the Kalanguya churches grow spiritually and be an active member in equipping and sending ambassadors to fulfill the Great Commission. He is now on a study leave taking up a master's degree in Community Development at Alliance Graduate School (AGS), Quezon City Manila. He joined the team in April 2003.

I praise God for my sister Sarah (who finally came home to Bible Translation after six years of wandering in college (4 courses in six years) :). She joined the team in June 2003 and went straight to AGS to take the Diploma in Bible Translation. She is now the major drafter in our team. Pray for her as she grapples with the book of Jeremiah this year. She will go back to AGS next year to take her Master's degree in Applied Linguistics/Bible Translation.

The new addition is Norman Malcat, a very good friend of mine since first grade. I praise God for finally saying yes to our request. Bagly, Sarah and I have been praying for Norman to join the team in spite of the fact that he landed a promising government job at the local town hall. But God has other plans and so last April, he resigned from his job and joined us. He is now undergoing basic training in translation by translating a language learning handbook into the Ilocano language. I am also very excited to announce that he and his fiance Hilda will be saying their "I-DO's" comes August 19th. :) Who knows (God does), Hilda might join the team also. Pray for Norman as he organize and lead the "CFM Praise and Worship Team" and "The Seekers' Band."

The half that I was talking about a while back is my cousin Lani Luyaman. She is still in college but has committed to join the team afterwards. She helps the team in ministering to the students who lives here in CFM (see previous entry) by leading weekly Bible studies, and leading the CFM choir. She is also a member of the Seeker's Band. Pray for her for strength, wisdom, and empowerment.

There you have it! The Kalanguya Bible Translation Team :) I get the chance to work with people with different gifts and personalities everyday. With the natural flair in fun and humor of Norman, and the unbelievably crazy funny personality of Sarah, the ala-fast-and-furious way of talking of Lani, the dependability of Uncle Bagly, (plus the trying-hard clarinet-playing of my husband Bong [but you're improving Best]), :) my life can't get any better! :) Thank you Lord for my crazy teammates. (Uncle Bob Ambrosius said: "Yeah, cuz I am the only sane one." :) So where does that leave me? The neurotic? hehehe

Comments

Unknown said…
Ang galing naman! I can imagine your team habang binabasa ko entry mo...wehehehe...enjoy na naman ako as usual sa entry mo...wheew!
Anonymous said…
and the team must be growing more..... andami na nang kabataan natin na papalit sa atin pagtanda natin.... matanda na pala ako:) kaya... sana maraming kabataan ang magkomit ng buhay nila. After all, ang hahantungan ng buhay e sa Diyos pa rin not anywhere.
abella said…
and the team must be growing more....kasi tumatanda na tayo...este... matanda na pala ako:) andami ng kabataan na kalanguya. After all, sa Diyos ang hantungan natin lahat! not anywhere. Let us keep praying... soon, we will send missionaries to other places. Am glad that I am a Kalangoya!:)

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS