MY MINDANAO MIS-… errr ADVENTURES

MA NILA - May 6th, Morning. I was standing in line at the baggage check-in counter at the domestic airport wearing a new blouse that my sister chose for me. The lady behind the counter said, “Ma’am, pardon my question, but are you pregnant?” My left eyebrows shot up and then I said, “I wish, but no!” Then she apologized and kept on apologizing until I left. If I knew that they actually serve pregnant women first even before the people in front of the line, I would have said yes, although it did crossed my mind not to wear that blouse again. I’m not sure I’d like to deceive people into thinking that I am at last with child while in fact I am not.

PAGADIAN CITY - I got down the plane at half past 11AM, at the Pagadian Airport. Of all my air travels, that was the worst descent I ever had. I felt as if all the macules and the pustules on my face were going to burst and the pain somewhere inside my head feels like someone is drilling a hole through my ears into my sinuses out to my forehead.

Anybody knows a remedy for releasing pressure from your ears other than pinching your nose closed and kind of blowing/ “breathing through your ears?” J

The Tricycle Ride. I would really suggest that the LTFRB (or whoever is responsible) of Pagadian City should standardized their tricycle fare or if already, then make sure that it is implemented. I took a taxi from Taft MRT station to MIA-Domestic and it cost me only Php80 but a tricycle ride from the Pagadian City airport to the city proper cost me double. That distance would only cost 10 pesos in Nueva Vizcaya. And in Pagadian city, you have no choice but to take that ride because there is no other means of transportation. I asked someone and he said that going to the airport costs Php50 but why is it that coming from the airport to the city costs triple. Another ‘funny’ thing is that when you approach the triclycle queue, somebody will meet you and ask you if you want a ride. He’d ask you how much you are willing to give. I really hate that question!!! And there you are thinking that you’re dealing with the driver but actually he’s just someone whose task it is to extort from you. If you agree to pay (which in the end you will) the amount he suggests, then he would call the driver and then you’ll feel even worse because you’d realize that people have had you played and nobody likes to be made a fool.


THANK GOD FOR MOTHER IN LAWS

I just came from the beauty parlor today with my mother-in-law. She went there to have her hair colored, as in to hide the ‘crown of wisdom’ and I, to have mine relaxed. I did not know before that hair relaxing includes straightening it or are those just two names for the same procedure—hair relax and hair straightening? Anyway, the result, I think was really pretty.

It was funny at the parlor when they learned that I am from Luzon. I do not understand the language that good so I wondered why the girls were pointing at each other. Later on, my mother-in-law explained that nobody wants to do my hair or my nails because I am from Luzon and that I might be used to a better service than they can offer. I thought that’s interesting. The lady who finally did my nails apparently told my mother-in-law that I must be rich by just taking one look at my fingernails. I thought that was funny. Kahit man lang sa kuko eh napagkakamalang mayaman! Hehehe!!! I did not know that until now, in this age, people would actually make assumptions based on superficial features and insist on those assumptions even if told otherwise.

...to be continued...

Comments

admindude said…
Ang daya. Bitin hehe. But you are right about transpo thing from the airport. I've never been to pagadian but i have been to its neighboring cities at ganyan ang nangyayari. But in fairness, ganyan din ang nangyayari sa airports sa Manila. Tip just in case you are taking PAL from Minda. To take a taxi, its better to go get one up there at the departure area. That is, if you don't have a lot of baggage hehe.
G said…
Oo nga eh :) kaya lang once a year lang me travel to Mindanao kaya siguradong sangkatutak na balutan ang dala! :)

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS