BOOKS & eBAY at Sari-sari

I feel guilty to be talking about silly things cuz I just came from ftb and did a serious read on the Jocelyn Dulnuan posts. May her killer be apprehended right away and may her family find comfort in each other in these terrible times.

I have to warn you that sari-sari has nothing to do with the little stores that you see in your neighborhood (well, not in TB's, Kayni's, or wil's) where you can buy a sachet of shampoo or a spoonful of vinegar and soy sauce in a clear plastic tube tied at both ends and in the middle to separate the two liquids. Di n'yo maimagine anoh?

Sari-sari because it's going to be halo-halo.

I have been going crazy over e-bay this last four days. I suddenly thought of looking for a nice used phone+pda to bid on when I stumbled on the Books pages. Just for fun, I started typing in my dream volumes in the search box and presto, it turned out that there are lots of them in ridiculously low prices. There's this historical fiction series called Zion Covenant, a pre-WW1 story of Jews fleeing Nazi Germany and the relationships (both friends and enemies) that they have made in the course of their escape. I have read some of its volumes back in college and I have longed to collect all copies ever since. The Zion Covenant series which was written by Jewish American author Bodie Thoene is made up of real A++++ novels. There was no way I was gonna miss the chance of owning the whole set so I schemed on how to steal the dollars needed to pay it. :) Lucky me, nobody in 7km radius from me has any dollar so I didn't have to commit robbery. Then I remember some good people who failed to give me anything for the last 10 birthdays and Christmases. I tried to contact their email and mobile numbers but napudpod na ang daliri ko sa kakadial, eh puro the number you dialed is no longer in service daw. Even the emails did not give any positive returns. So I swallowed what is left of my little pride and asked my bosses to bid on the books for me. Then I realized that I will be forcing them to carry a ton of books to the country, so I mentioned something to that effect, in an apologetic tone. For three days I did not get a response. On the fourth day, I received an email saying, "Sorry, we just got home from a trip and all the bidding on all of the offers had already ended. It would not really be a problem to carry them with us. If you see another offer for these books let me know." Yiiipppppeeeeeee!!! What great bosses!

So anyway, I quickly search for other offers and found like more than 40 books from the same author that I would very much love to own, and email it to them right away. I hope they're willing to win all the bids.

Of horses and motorcycles. One morning, I woke up ratty because I was awakened by the blaring tv on a channel where big men with vandalized integumentary system and wearing vandalized denims and leather vests who make and ride motorcycles and speak the foulest language were discussing about motorcycles of course. Well, the tv always go ‘toooot’ on all those languages but it does not matter because your mind hears the words, so anyway, I got so irritated that I asked (not very nicely) the person watching the tv to turn the volume down, or better yet turn it off, and went back to bed. I adore horses... used too... and I like talking about them, but I hate motorcycles.

Back to ebaying. So I spend more time in www.ebay.com.ph and saw this OS XDA IIS unit and bid on it right away, and then regretted it the next minute. Right then, I started praying that may someone else put in a higher bid. After a few hours, my prayers were answered :). I was outbid, and I was so relieved I told my husband what I did, but then after a day, I got an IM from the seller that the winner was nothing but a joy bidder, what a lousy !#$*% bidder, s/he said. The seller said s/he can still offer me the unit since I was the next in line. Since I did not want to be called a lousy !#$*% bidder to the next person, I was forced to buy the unit.

Goodbye, Christmas trip and vacation! huhuhu

Comments

Layad said…
Tsk, tsk... Ay apo ni sister ko! I want to scold u, but I know that u learned ur lesson, the hard way at that. Better cut down on ur ebaying, dear.
Anonymous said…
Now who says you can't teach old dogs new tricks...
Also, kasla ka fish, knows it's a bait, but bites anyways, hehehe...
On the upside, whatever makes you happy, go for it. Cheers to you!
admindude said…
You are much much more technologically advanced than me because I don't know how to ebay hehe. Hope you get the books you want.

What's OS XDA IIS?
Anonymous said…
Ayna manong Bill, cellphone nga agin hahightech met diyay..hehehe...




FBI
Anonymous said…
I love ebay too, but sometimes like you, I'd keep bidding then decide I don't want it anymore. Right now, I'm over that phase. Like what layad said, "cut down on your ebaying." Take care sis.
admindude said…
Ayna manong Bill, cellphone nga agin hahightech met diyay..hehehe..
Ay kasjay, eh paano hanggang 1100 lang alam kung cell phone. Thanks :-)
G said…
hi love-ly sis! ;) don't scold me na... drama lang yun! pinag-ipunan ko yata yun! hehehe

halo po Sir, old dogs? baka old bruha... hehehe! grabe naman ang mga analogy sa'kin ngayon, dogs kas kada tilapia! :-) but thanks, my Xda is indeed making me happy. it can do many things and i don't have to carry my 5kg pc around too much.

sobra u naman, bil, para ebay lang eh more tech'ly advanced na! try mo, www.ebay.com. palitan mo na ang 1100 mo. nakita ko pa nga dun ang book na sinulat mo eh! este sa amazon ko yata pala nakita.. basta nakita ko, for sale. bili sana me eh parang i remember u told me na u'll give me a copy, di ba? lolz

hi ading djidji, thanks for replying for me! :p

hello sis K, :) thanks! hehe, yes, I stopped na... but who knows? maybe tomorrow again, hehe

Ingats u lagi!

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS