MAEMAE IN BAGUIO GEN

At around 1PM today, her parents and I brought Maemae to Baguio General Hospital and Medical Center for further evaluation.  We took the backroads of Ambuklao considering that it takes less time to get to Baguio via that road.  PTL, most part is now paved.

An NGT was inserted last Dec. 14th at the hospital here and it helped a bit in reducing the distension in Mae's abdomen from 63cm to 57 today. She is feelng very weak now because she hasn't eaten anything for 8 days.

I just came back from Baguio and I am a bit tired cuz B and I left for Manila on Sunday night to see his family, came home Monday night, and then I went to Baguio this afternoon and came home again after Maemae was taken to the E.R and I gave her mom a little tour of the hospital (where to find the pharmacy, laboratory, canteen, etc.).  I came back with the vehicle that transported her. It's good the roads in Ambuklao are better now and it only took us 4 hours to go and 3 hours to get home.

Robert and Medy decided to bring Maemae to Baguio for further evaluation of her abdomen.  She still has not moved her bowels and her ultrasound and other Xrays are very inconsistent. But her doctor in Bambang is glad that her other vital signs are now stabilized and she felt that Maemae is ready for more evaluation.

The hospital does not have an available nurse to send (because they were having a Christmas party at the time.... yes, what a reason) and so Auntie Medy asked me if I could go with them to give Maemae her shots along the way.  It was a scary trip for me being very inexperienced and all, but the Lord's grace is ever enough.  We had a very smooth ride except for the many times when I have had to do something with the IV because it won't flow.  And also we were all nervous when Maemae became nauseous but can't vomit because she has fasted for 8 days now and she looks like she's choking or something.  In BGH, they suspected that her ileus does not just happened but that a complicated kind of typhoid bacteria (a 'mutated' salmonella typhi? is there such a thing?) that attacked her intestines. 

Thank you to all of you who helped in prayers and finances, please continue to pray for Maemae, Robert and Medy.

I will continue to give updates as they come.

Comments

kris Golden said…
Hi Marj,
I am glad Maemae 's parents decided to transfere her to Baguio. Oh, what a trip indeed .Thank God you guys made it there without much trouble along the way.Pray she will be fine soon .Thanks for the update.

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS