Altar of my Heart

My breath you gave me back

Snatched me up from the quicksand of death

My love of life were leaves in autumn

Waiting for the winter’s night to take me home.

 

Yet You’re the sand in the seashore that tickles my toes

You are the whites and the reds of the rose

Your love caused my soul to hibernate

When it’s all ready to shutdown and crash.

 

You set up a home deep in my heart

So I can live again on a new start

You are the flame that lights my path

A love offering in the altar of my heart.



(The Lord is using journal entries and amateur poetries that I wrote for other people or some other ocassions years ago to remind me and make me feel His love in these difficult times.  It also happened that I am finalizing my translation of the book of Lamentations and I couldn't help but be ministered to by these following lines.

Lamentations 3

19 No nêmnêmên koday ligat ko,
tan kaandin kuston pantaloan ko,
ingah niman hota kal-it ni lêta ono apgo,
i nak katamtamtami ngo.
20 Andi kabaalan kon malliwan niyan naamêg ni higak,
Aboh i linggayoh ni wadan nayon ni hi-gak.
21-22 Nêm no nêmnêmên ko mowan ngo,
hota andi palpêg ton hêmêk APO DIYOH,
tan kaahi ton andi patingga to,
amtak ay waday namnamak ni Hi-gato.
23 Ag mambalbaliw i pêhêd ni kapangibilang Apo Diyoh ni hi-gatayo;
Amon to kabêbêlloin nayon ni wina-wato.
24 Hiyayay nak kaêh-êlad angêl ko:
“Hi APO DIYOH ni aboh i mahapol ko;
Isunga hi-gatoy idinêl kon pampêphêdan ko.”

New Living Translation:

19 The thought of my suffering and homelessness is bitter beyond words. a 20 I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss. 21 Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this:
22 The unfailing love of the Lord never ends! By his mercies we have been kept from complete destruction. 23 Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day. 24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!”

Comments

Jean B said…
Amen! God is truly faithful! He never fails us.
sarah Pido said…
Toto-wa noman iyan naihulat panggep APO DIYOH,
Ta hi-gaton aboh i mahapol tayo
Isunga bagay ton hi-gatoy idinel tayon pampephedan tayo
Hi-gak ngoy hakey ni palaloy halamat to
Panggep ni ingkaphed tan kaahin APO DIYOH ni andi kolang to.

Get well soon manang ;-) love u ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS