sTilL aLIve

wow! I have ignored everything that has to do with blogging for almost a month! 

I have been busy doing everything and nothing.  You know, when you're trying to do a bit of everything and nothing seems to get accomplished.  Well, maybe there were accomplishments but not in the things that I have set out to do. 

I feel so awful for something that happened a few days ago.  On the eve of his birthday, my 8-year old nephew called me to make good of my promise that I will be his birthday celebrant.  I did promised a month ago that I would bake or at least buy his cake.  I even told him that he should pray that the Lord will provide for his birthday!  ... so my nephew called me, and I was kind of out of town that day and I was not able to do as I have promised and it broke his little heart.  His dad texted me saying that he refused to speak to them; and just sat there with his hands cupping his chin after he talked to me on the phone.  Poor Giel!  And now, he's sick with mumps.  Bad auntie!

Two weeks ago also, my hubs and I fell off his motorbike.  It was nothing major, just a few scrapes and bruises. It did tear my old surgical scars though and that got me a bit scared but oh well! We're alive!

Anyway, Bong and I, Jean and Sarah are flying to Zamboanga next Monday and won't be back until the 29th. That's not gonna be a vacation... it's gonna be a heavy mind and mouth work!  Please remember us in your prayers as we conduct a Writing and Editing and Basic Biblical Exegesis workshop to Bong's people, the Southern Subanen.

I praise and thank our God for opportunities to serve Him like this.

Comments

Wil Reyes said…
Have a safe trip and good luck ninyo sa workshop! :)
bob arsenio said…
Poor Giel:) On gayam kayman ngo birtday to. Ankayo:) sayang....agak pay intibew i kad-an di Bong. Wada li koma mowan i timpo. Haballi et ohalen tokayo ni hi Apo Diyoh dima. Li-bit kayo lin durian...he he he
Jean B said…
we also thank God ur still alive!wheew...yngat na lang sa atin sa pagpunta natin dun..hehe
Uy, kelan pala ang punta ninyo sa Zamboanga? Sama ako!!! :)
Margie Lumawan said…
asus sister! napaghalata namang comment lang ang binasa mo saka ka nagcomment eh!!
Jhie Behis said…
hehe..ate daph sa lunes na po..harharhar...ahahaha...
mahirap magpromise sa bata, wheew..hehe..noh ate ganda?
Margie Lumawan said…
hi Wil, thanks! although I don't believe in luck.. hehe... I believe in blessings though :)
Margie Lumawan said…
akew! mambangidid i Durian di doplano! abohet ni dakita kapatayab di kabunyan! hehe
Margie Lumawan said…
oonga, i'm looking forward to the litsons! lol
Margie Lumawan said…
ay naku! mahirap talaga magpwamis sa kanila! so from now on I should know better than to make promises like that! lol
Ahahaha... Natuto ang Tita! Bow.
xansui dyte said…
Good thing you showed up. I've been thinking where this lady is spending "siesta" after that DONE post. Anywyz, thanks you're back and going back to hubby's place to share a part of your bright IGOROT brain! Go, te Margie! Mabuhay po kayo!

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS