A RISKY ONE

I haven't been here for quite a while, but I haven't been around anything or any place recently anyway. I decided to come by and write an update for fear of developing a carpal tunnel (like Lolo Trueblue:) from perpetually pressing on those little buttons on my phone's keypad to reply to friends' text messages asking how I am doing.

Actually there is not much to write. I have been spending my time in bed getting tired of resting. I never knew that resting can be very tiring! I wouldn't have done it for or to myself if not for the fact that the life of someone very important to me depends on it. Yup, for those of you who still do not know, I am having a high-risk pregnancy. I have what medical people called subchorionic hematoma (SCH) where a part of the placenta detached itself from the lining of the womb and a pocket of blood collects in between this tear. I won't get into any more details for fear of grossing you all out. :) You may click here if you want to learn more about it. But anyway, I have been leaking blood for the past month that one doctor I went to earlier scheduled me for a 'dilatation and curettage' to evacuate my womb because she was sure that I have already miscarried--what with all the blood that I have lost(hence the previous entry). This was when I told some of you that I was no longer carrying. Sorry about that, but I'm thrilled that I was wrong.)

Yup, the latest sonogram showed me that my little Sweet Pea is still hanging in there with strong pulsation and activity. In a few weeks time, I might be able to see a hand waving at me from the monitor of the sonogram. :D

Well, the reality is that there is no certainty that she or he is going to make it. SCH can go both ways. I may be able to carry the baby to term but the opposite is also possible. It is a 50-50 chance, I was told. But I am willing to go through anything if that is what it will take to have him (I think) or her (Bong thinks). So I have been on a strict 'right' diet of low carb (yes, I'm learning how to count carbs but I'm so bad in Math so we'll see) and thankfully my labour has paid off and my blood sugar is now within normal range. Now, I'll only have to worry about keeping it under control. Really, I don't need the added stress of knowing that a high blood sugar can result to death or birth defects to the baby.

That is why the pregnancy is called high-risk -- because anything can go wrong anytime even to the last day. The placenta can completely come off and that would be fatal not only to the baby but also to me. But the most difficult thing is that there is really nothing anyone can do about it. The hematoma (blood clot) can either resolve itself, i.e. the body will absorb the blood back into itself or leak it out until it dries up. I am hoping for the former because that is safer for me and the baby. Right now, the only thing I can do is to keep my diabetes under control and to keep off my feet, follow the doctor's order and wait it out.

There it is! :) I thank you for all your prayers and your concern. I appreciate all the words of comfort from those of you who come by my bedside either in the flesh or through text or yahoo and skype messages. So far, everyone has been a comfort except for a lady who came and compared me to a 40+ year-old someone who's been miscarrying for four times now, telling me that this usually happens to women of 'advanced age!' Hallerrrr, I'm still within the AOSR (Age of Safe Reproduction) and still very much among the FORA (Females of Reproductive Age) !!! GRRRRR!!!! LOL Another grrrrrrr was when a sonographer insisted that I must have undergone a 'hilot' session, why else would I have a blood clot inside my womb! I said no but he was quite insistent giving the impression that he thinks I did not want this pregnancy and was trying to lose it! Oh, if he only knew the length I am willing to go to keep this.... oh well!!!

Please keep your prayers going up for this little family that my hubby and I are trying to build together. I will keep you posted. Oh by the way, I'm 9 weeks 2 days today (March 5, 2009).

Thanks, all of you..

Comments

nedrow said…
I'll be praying for you! It sounds like a very difficult situation to be in. I hope you'll feel God's presence with you there as you wait and look forward to the possibly of delivering your child.
G said…
thank you Esther. I do need all the prayers I can get. :) It is really difficult but there is really nothing I can do but to always remind myself that the Lord holds everything in his mighty hands and that I only need to trust Him. Easier said than done though... but I've been trying and so far it's working... :)

How are you doing yourself? I also prayerfully hope that you and uncle will be together soon. It must be very hard to be so far apart.

God bless you and take care always.
Kayni said…
you're in my thoughts and prayers, sis. rest and relax. you and your baby will make it through.
abella said…
.....and you do not look like 40:) maybe her vision has a problem:)
hang in there! ....praying here.
G said…
hello sis K,
thank you for coming over :) and for your thoughts and prayers too.. I'm still on bedrest but so far so good.. ;)

GBU!


UBA ni brown,:) Halamat ni namahig!

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS