UPDATE: THIS STORMY VOYAGE

I had my sonogram yesterday and the doctor saw that the placental bleeding is now very minimal and the baby's heartbeat has decreased but still within normal range.  Praise the Lord and thank you for all your thoughts and prayers for these past months.

However, the sonogram also revealed that I have a scanty and therefore inadequate amniotic fluid in my womb.  Amniotic fluid (AF) is the water that enables the development of the baby's lungs and limbs.  The baby drinks it and then excrete it as urine, the mother's lungs purifies it, returns it to the womb and the baby swallows it again, and the cycle goes on.  The AF is also responsible for the development of the baby's muscles and extremities as it facilitates movement.  Low amniotic fluid may be caused by a leaky membrane, high blood pressure, diabetes, dehydration, or worst-- defective kidneys or no kidneys at all of the baby.  Low AF usually results to miscarriage or stillbirth.  So after the sonogram, I came home a bit depressed and tearful.  I went to the www and voraciously read every article and forums I can find about this medical condition and that did not help my fear but worsen it.  So I decided to just relax.  After a while I fell asleep.

I went to my Gyne today.   My membranes don't leak, my BP is normal to low, so my doctor hopes it's just a complication of my diabetes and not a defect in the kidneys of the baby.  There is no way we can tell for sure--what with the limited medical facilities in this part of the country.  My doctor advised me to drink more fluids than I have already been drinking and undergo another sonogram next month and the next and then the next until the baby is developed enough to be delivered.  If my AF does not increase enough with oral fluid intake, I might be hooked to an intravenous line.  After she advised me, she held my hands and prayed for me and my baby--thanking the Lord that I even got pregnant considering my severely cystic ovaries.  She also asked God that, just like the big tear on my placenta that seems to be repairing itself, God will also grant me another favor of increasing my AF with me just increasing my fluid intake.  I praise and thank God for leading me to a doctor who fears and trusts God as we do.

I am again on artificial progesterone (because my cystic ovaries are not producing enough of the hormone), and multivitamins. I stopped my diabetes and PCOS medications because they make me feel and my body function like I'm on a weight-loss pill.

My doctor said 'wala pa rin tayong laban' -- meaning, at this point, there is still no guarantee that I could carry this baby to viability but then she also said (which I already believe but it's nice to hear from the lips of a doctor) that it all begins and ends with God.  So yes, I am promising myself that I will continue to trust God's heart.  As the song goes, "And when you don't understand, and you can't see His plan, when you can't trace His hand, trust His heart."

With all your prayers, the Lord is giving me and Bong comfort and peace in the midst of this stormy voyage. Thank you.

Comments

Will be praying for you and your baby ate...For Sure God has tons of plan for everything that is happening and God keeps his promise that He will never leave us nor for sake us - All things are Possible in God...God bless you always ate and kuya
Trust in God's strength as you patiently await the next phase of this journey. I also am praying for you and the baby. The Lord is still sovereign - I hope you will find comfort in this.

PEACE BE STILL!

In every storm of life God is always there.

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS