my name is Liv M. Ealone

Well, of course that is actually "LEAVE ME ALONE!"

WARNING: Read at your own risk!

So I was having a peaceful time reinstalling Translators Workplace and repairing some of the installations on my computer so I can go ahead and finish up the back log of the last few days' assignments when I received a text message. (I was also doing laundry in between.) The message was the usual how-are-you-I-hope-you-are-well kind and so I replied with the equally usual I'm-great-I-just-had-a-tooth-pulled kind of response. Then another reply came telling me that it would be good if I start doing this and that, and that did it for me! For goodness sakes!!! It's Saturday! Give me a break! All I want to do is close my eyes and do no-brainy things like laundry and all that! (Oh, I would have to have my eyes open for that, I guess!) But you get my meaning!

So anyway, I replied that I can't start doing what they're asking me to do until the workshop I have been participating in is over, because that workshop needs all my available brain cells and so does the thing I am being asked to do. I also said that I have to give my 100% to the task I was doing and pressure does not help me right now!!! (well, I did not put exclamation marks, just dot dot dots and a sprinkle of smileys here and there! I also promised that I'll get everything ready for them before their deadline... and that I know they're not pressuring me but that I felt pressured anyway. I received another reply and I was advised to ponder on a verse, and that God does not want me to feel driven! And I went like, "Well, you see, I was okay until someone implied that I am not being fast enough in doing my 'jobs' or that I am delaying a lot! Come on!" I do not feel like I am being slavedriven, I feel that someone is not being considerate, maybe unknowingly. And all I wanted to read is 'Sorry.'

Okay, I'm just really tired, my mind is beat up... I'm reacting like Moses in the wilderness, striking the rock instead of speaking to it. So please, bear with me! It's Sabbath, anyway, and as I said, all I want to do is stare up at the ceiling. I know the message sender didn't mean to be offensive, and the verse was meant as an encouragement, but I think, we should learn how to read between the lines and to know the place and time when to encourage with a verse, or with silence.

I'm hungry... where in the world is my breakfast?! (Yikes!)


Now, I'm okay... I just needed to get that off my chest! hehehe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS