a belated birthday dinner

Sayang, I was not able to take a picture of the dish I cooked for the first time today. It was a belated birthday dinner for B. We had 10 guests (three of whom are below 10 years old) hehe, my cousins who are always the first to taste my experimental dishes. (Experimental in the sense that they are recipes that I have never tried before.) We had a baked chicken drowned in a mixture of butter, honey, and prepared mustard, plus a sprinkle of curry powder, and salt. My, my, was it so good, my young cousins were fighting over chicken bones.

Hmm, where is Christmas? For some reason, Christmas is a bit off base for me this year. I put up my Christmas tree as early as September to help me get into the 'Christmas mood' but I can't seem to get into it yet. There've been lots of activities and some major setbacks which had probably caused this lack of Christmas spirit. But Oh well, it doesn't matter... that's just a feeling. The reason for the season is not for me to particularly feel good and be 'in the mood' but rather to be thankful and joyful in remembering how God became man so that I can have life. That is more than enough to throw me back into a joyful spirit. So I'd better pull my act together and think about what to deliver to 'inaanaks,' as I am collecting quite a few already.

Have a really really Merry Christmas, you all!

Comments

Kayni said…
the dish you made sounds yummy =). i thought i was the only one not feeling the Christmas spirit. i was worried, but one thing i'm doing these days is just playing Christmas songs. i'm hoping things will get better soon.

happy holidays sis.

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS