Christmas & Broken Hearts

My heart is bleeding today for a cousin of mine whose 'fiancee' is getting married to another. I just got a call from him asking me what happened. Yes, asking me what happened because I was kind of the one who was in communication with the girl while we were all waiting for her to make her decision. The decision we were waiting for was the "yes, but not right now" kind of thing. We did not expect that it was going to be a "No, because I'm getting hitched to another man!" I just can hear the hurt in his voice and I can kind of feel his pain... so intense, and inexplicable that I do not know what to say to comfort him, so I just told him that I was so furious for him when I heard the news. What do you say to someone whose heart is breaking right at the moment you are talking to him, and whose dreams of family shattered right before your eyes (or ears)? What can one do but have her heart bleed too. If it hurts me so much like this, how much more for him?

I'm so sorry, cuz... you did all you could... I am praying that you'll be able to move on and one day, you'll be able to look back to this moment and smile.

Comments

abella said…
definitely, not an easy thing. yet, life must still go on. am glad that he knows the Lord. may the Lord comfort him.

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS