unScrabbling again

I was playing a lot of scrabble lately but last night (it's 2:58AM) was extraordinary. Yes, very,... in the sense that most of the players I played with were very rude. Over a year ago, I stopped playing because some players would just say things to you that are too offensive. I know you're not supposed to get hurt but if you're not used to such a 'language', your heart would suffer. So I stopped playing but I picked up the game again a week ago, just playing with the one person I know but then he's not always online so naturally, I sought games and played with strangers. Then last night, I played with someone who was way below my rating but there was no one in the room so I had no choice. I beat him the first time, then I said thank you and bye, but he/she challenged me to another game, and then another. S/he beat me one time. On our third game, he said, "You depend too much on bingoes," to which I replied,"Yup!" Then after I beat him the last time, he said, "If it weren't for bingoes, your good is very poor!" Wow! I just said, "TFTGG!" (thanks for the good game)but then he kept harping on what he called my poor scrabbling. Then I said, Okay, whatever! And he said, "Too true!" He might be right but still the sport thing to do would be to say, 'good game, well-played' and be gone. I was gonna reply and say, "If your good is good then a hush would surely fill the room every time you walk in!" Thankfully, I already added him to my no-play list so the message was not sent.

In another game, my internet connection keeps kicking me out of the game. Usually a game is adjudicated in favor of the opponent who was left in the game. But with the game I was on when my connection went off, my score was ahead, so there was no increase in my opponent's rating when the game ended. When I was finally able to log on again, I saw that the player I was with was still on. So I said my apologies telling him that my internet connection was to blame. You know what he wrote back? He said, "Yeah right! I'm sick of people like you who are always doing that to me!" So I said, "Goodness, it's true, my connection is just so bad! Do you think I would come back and apologize if it weren't true?" I got no more answer after that.

The moral of the story? I don't know! Maybe, it's telling me to just go to sleep.

As my husband usually tell me when I ask him why he does not answer me when I talk to him in anger, "Fire can't put out fire!" So I just logged off the scrabble club and came here. I think I got enough of online scrabble to last me the whole 2010. I'll play again next January. Goodbye, ISC. See you next year!

(I'd still play the real thing, with real board, and tiles, and dictionary, if I find someone to play with me, or when my scrabble partner arrives in the country.) :P

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS