Blessings and I

B and I just got ourselves a new house.  The house is not new, but it is new to us and I totally adore it.  Comes May, B & I would be together for six years already and I plan to spend as much time of that month in our new home.  These past five years, we have been dwelling in a very comfortable house that was lent to us--one that I also love and enjoy, yet it still feels weird to have a nice house of our own.  Last night, we went and slept there for the first time and I felt like I was in a dream.  The house was nothing fancy but it is my house; and yesterday, when I first opened the door, my mind went high-speed in excitement at how B and I would decorate it, what stuff to put on the walls, the cabinets, the shelves, and what colors to hang in the windows, etc.

The house is indeed a blessing.  I was looking at a picture in my brother's house and it was a picture of him and his friends atop a hill overlooking a very nice view of mountains and pine trees in a distance.  On the picture, my brother wrote, "This is Margie's lot."  When I was in High School, I used to dream of building my own house and I even drew plans complete with a landscape diagram of a little cabin on that very same hill.  But when the nursing profession and I did not get along too well, :)  I gave up the dream; maybe not gave up, but I kept myself from thinking about it too much.  And yet now, there is this nice little cabin on my hill and it was totally amazing how it came about.  The missionaries who lead my father to faith in Christ came back to the country and they needed a piece of land to build a house so that they can minister to the people in the village, so my dad told them they can borrow my 'Hill."  So they did, and after 11 years, the Lord told them that they can now leave their very fruitful ministry in the village and so they sold me their house with everything in it.  You can seldom find a very good deal as the deal B&I got. 

In the 11 years that they were there, they became very dear co-workers, encourager, and very dear friends to us. It has been an honor and privilege working with them.  The house is just one of many blessings.  The greater blessings are the lives that the Lord has changed through their ministry.

It is our prayer as the new occupants of the house that our lives will be as much a blessing to the people in our village as the previous owners' were.

...to be continued...

Comments

Bob Ambrosius said…
Don't forget to come back to your other house
Bob Ambrosius said…
At least until April 28th. We are really happy for you. Love, UB & AJ
Margie Lumawan said…
no worries, UB & AJ :-) i love "my other house" too.. hehe... and so good to have 'neighbors' again .. :-)
Margie Lumawan said…
thank you.... as bong would say, "you know what I mean.."
xansui dyte said…
i guess i know where that is...
one of my initial fieldwork days in Mapayao, i wanted to pay 'courtesy call' to the Brgy. Captain (your father pala). as i approached that house, I noticed the occupants are whites. so i braced myself and prepared my english. "sir, where is the house of the brgy captain?"
To my surprise, he replied in straight & pure Kalanguya.
Kalanguman! lol

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS