this past week

At the risk of sounding to read too much into my circumstances of the past week or years, I feel that the enemy is really trying his best to distract me from equipping myself to become a competent translation consultant or just to become a good Christian.

Two years ago, when I was supposed to participate in a TCDW, I almost died due to internal hemorrhaging and then a surgery that went bad.  So the Lord directed me to use my time to get biblical training in the seminary but again I nearly died due to sepsis (blood infection) and typhoid fever.  

Early this year, a loved one's disobedience to the Lord almost derailed me and made me asked myself if I am even qualified to be trained to become a Scripture consultant when I cannot even keep a member of my team on the right tract.  

This past week, while in the middle of the training, my only grandfather died.  That was both a good and a sad thing.  It is good because his suffering has stopped but losing someone in the family is always sad, and emotionally-draining.  

Then again, there was the scare that we might have had a death on our hands when my husband accidentally hit a pedestrian the other day.  That was the worst day of my life--going to the hospital not knowing anything; wondering if my husband was hurt in the accident or if he had accidentally killed somebody.  I even tried referring to myself as the woman whose husband has taken a life even if accidentally and I shuddered at the thought.

Yesterday, I was with family burying our grandfather.  

I thank God for allowing all these circumstances; this way, I am learning how to focus more on Him and his enabling.  It is only by the grace of God that we can survive with a smile and see a little bit of humor out of all these heart-rending events...., He gave us faith to let him have his way.  He enables us to smile in faith that He knows what's best for us.  So that in everything, we will trust and love Him, and allow Him to work out His plans in our lives.

To GOD be the Glory, ALWAYS...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS