Mother's Day mis-Thoughts

I was surfing the net one time when I came across a page that was all about the British princes. In an interview, Prince Harry was asked about how he is doing without his mom Princes Di. One of the things he said was that it is strange and sad and one of the reasons he said it's strange is because Mother's Day is no longer meaningful to him.

I still have a mother, thank God, but if I am honest, I would admit that mother's day lost half of its meaning for me. For me, it is a sad reminder of what could have been. A time that forces me to feel the pain of non-motherhood... a heartbreaking nostalgia reminiscent of the heartache caused by the loss of a chance, a hope, a love, and a whole different life.. all of which went out the window when I loss him who could have been the reason for me to be smiling now when I hear or read the greetings 'Happy Mother's Day.'

However, the past is gone but the future is yet to unfold... so I guess the best thing to say right now is...

Happy Mother's Day to all who has been blessed to have become one...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS