a visitor

Last night in the middle of a downpour
A visitor knocked on my backdoor
She was wearing a shroud, tears brimming in her eyes
I was waiting for her the other day
But unexpectedly, she came yesterday
Grief.

Shrinks say that I should embrace her
Because holding her hand is letting go
That talking about her will heal my soul
Crying because of her is healthy
And ignoring her is folly
But what do I know?

She grips your heart and you cannot breathe
She blinds your eyes with tears and you cannot see
She makes you stare into nothingness and you cannot think
She embraces you and you cannot break free.

Maybe time is indeed the healer
Yet I know from before, Grief leaves you never
She goes, and back she comes like a lover
Yet she offers no solace, not even a pray'r.

So weep, my soul
Tomorrow is another day...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS