home finally

I arrived home to an empty house at midnight last night.  Poor me! Hehehe

Yesterday, we dressed up (in my thinking anyway) for the agreement signing between our organization and another one in the business district of Makati.  So I went to Makati twice in a row for two days: the first time I went to meet my future boss when I teach a linguistics course next year, and then the second time for the MOA signing. I was nervous the first few minutes to be face to face with BIG people but I told myself, what the heck, I might be the poorest there but pagdating sa langit, parepareho lang kami! Hehe!  Well, one of them has a bullet proof car and a body guard, so you can imagine the environment.  But what's amazing is that those rich people are really nice. :)

After the signing, our group tried to make it to the 3PM bus headed north, but to our dismay, the bus left without us, and my husband who made the ticket reservations was calling me nonstop and sounding irritated too.  LOL... The reason was that, there were two young people who just arrived from the south, that I was supposed to take home with me. They were on the 3PM bus and I was not there... and they were so nervous. So I spent my mobile airtime and my hours monitoring them, reassuring them that everything will work out fine.  To make the story short, they arrived 2 hours before I did, and I had to make arrangement for someone to get them from the road to the house.  It wasn't so hard, I just called their phone, asked them to give the call to a trike driver, gave the instructions to the driver, and then they're off. That must be nerve-racking for them though, being in a place for the first time, knowing no one but a tardy lady with a voice on the other end of a phone.

Now, unpacking is such an unpalatable chore that I am resorting to procrastination.

So there!
mY Synapses...

Comments

Kayni said…
I don't like unpacking too. It's a different feeling when you're packing for a trip because the excitement is there. It will take me weeks before I'll unpack my stuff.

Glad you're home safe, sis. I'm sure your visitors will enjoy their time there with you.
G said…
Thank you sis! :)

Tama ka! There is nothing exciting about putting your things back into the closet. :) Thankfully, I will have visitors tonight so I have no choice but finish unpacking and clearing up my messy dining table where I dumped all the contents of my suitcase! :)

I hope you win the award. I just cast my vote. Can I vote again and again?

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS