"it's all greek to me"

Yayy, I barely made it! I barely managed to sign in to this blog because my browser is in Thai script and I can't decipher a thing.

My companions and I arrived in Chiang Mai via Bangkok late in the evening of Saturday. That was just 3 days ago but here I am again, feeling like I've been here too long already. I have eaten Pad Thai for two consecutive lunches, like the addict that I am, but at lunch today, a friend told me to try something else and she ordered three kinds of dishes that were all hot and spicy and 'interesting' that now, I had to make trips to the throne room so frequently. I think this was caused by the dish that has something darkish and kind of fishy (in the literal sense of the word). When I asked what it was, I was told it's a seaweed. Back home, I only eat "ar-arosip" and agar-agar, so maybe it was the weeds unfamiliarity with my stomach that has brought about the churning of my insides.

So I'm here, trying to learn more about Greek. Our teacher seems to know what she's talking about but she's kind of the type that assumes that when she explains, all the students must have understood, and when you start to ask a question, she begins explaining without first listening fully to what you have to say. It's kind of off-putting, a teacher being like that. Today, one of my classmates had to say, "You are not listening to me, please let me finish!" Lol, the air was tense there, for a second.

Now I should be memorizing a Aorist Active Indicative or something paradigm for the quiz tomorrow. But I kind of know that when I get back home, I'll forget it again. I should probably make a pledge first that I won't stop refreshing my memory before I even start. It is indeed great to see how the teacher can come up with a more sound and valid exegesis by looking at the grammatical compositions of passages. It seems that God, in inspiring the Biblical authors have embedded the correct interpretations of His Words in the very grammar and discourse features of the language. Languages have rules that are mostly definite and absolute, and so is the truth about God. So it pays to study the original languages. One gets more insight on the thoughts behind the words.

I was told the best way to learn and retain is to teach. So who wants to learn Greek? I'll teach you the little I know. Hehe! That way, I'd be able to absorb it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS