...now...

Many days have passed me by
Yet here I am unable to say goodbye
My mind keeps going back to the time
When life was neat and fine
The joy that's used to be mine
Is in that place where it was left behind.

I've always been the strong one
Able to weather most storms,
Never really been blown away
Able to cut down her losses and move on
But now it feels like that might be because
I have never really won.

So I ask my eyes why it cannot behold happiness
I ask my ears why it does not hear laughter
Why my feet never arrive at the place where joy is plenty
And my hands cannot take a hold of love
All I have are days and years that had left me empty.

So please give me this one more chance
Carry me in your arms
Show me a hopeful day
Tell me I have not lost my way
Give me this one more chance
And please hold me by your side
Til I am able to fly again
With You.

(Just an exaggerated ramblings of one homesick soul.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS