...USED TO...

You read me like a paper
You hear me loud and clear
You hold me so near
You treat me nice and fair
You loved me so dear
At least, you used to, then you disappear.

It used to be that:
In my dismay, you were my encourager
In my weakness, you were my strength-giver
In my darkness, you were a beacon of light
In the storms I've faced, you were a sure anchor
In my life, you were one of my greatest fines.

Why then did you become my Waterloo?
Cuz my heart bleeds every time I remember you
I wish I have never known one such as you
One who has turned my days so bleak and blue.

My heart had loved you with all it has
I have esteemed you so high in my eyes
My lips have prayed, you the Lord would bless
You were a content of my proud stories
So never have I thought we would end up like this.

My mind goes back to the time
When your love and esteem were mine
Many moons ago my life was on the line
But you were constant, you'd never left me behind
So I wish the sun would usher in a dawn
When your smile at me, I'd behold again.

then sometimes, I wish...
you never happened to me;
that way, I would have been free...

free to respect you the way I know how to
free to be like you like I dreamed to
free to be with you when I want to
free to love you like I used to.

...cuz i do still love you
I really really do...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS