unINSPIRED

I’ve read one time that true writers can write even without the so called inspiration, be it happy or sad, good or bad.  I can’t… and I guessed that makes me an untrue writer although I do love writing and writings.  Now is one of those times that there is just nothing that inspires me to write so as you have probably noticed, I am just rambling on and I have to warn you that I will go on dadadadahing until you get so irritated you’ll click this window off.

In my computer is a folder full of ebooks and movies and to my left where I am sitting right now are loads of books of all kinds:  novels, technical books in linguistics and other topics, as well as biblical and other spiritual books.  But for the life of me I haven’t lifted any of these books off the shelves in months nor have I opened any of the ebooks in my computer to read them.  What I usually do after work is feel tired and hungry, and sleepy, and then tired and then still tired.   I also played scrabble with a ninong one time (after not playing for months), and the following days after we played, sometimes I play scrabble with myself, and I have found out that I always end up liking the loser me. It's the same in basketball, when none of my favorite teams are palying, I usually root for the team that is struggling to catch up.  Now, all I have inside my skull is a gray matter that is full of words that are so mixed-up that I could not even begin to construct good sentences out of them. 

Yet last year I promised myself to read one book in a month, write one poem once in a sleepless night, and text a friend once in a blue moon without being prompted.  Well, I have not done any of those things.  Maybe, tomorrow… or next year. :)

Oh yeah, I did write some lines for a choir contest that when it is chosen, my song would become the town’s hymn.  But then a cousin was shot dead so my friend who was going to put melody on it no longer had the time nor the inclination to make music in time for the contest, so that endeavour failed too.  That would have been cool, don’t you think?  To have something you wrote being sang by people even after you're gone...

It would be like that song years ago that says... "and when I die I keep on living..."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS