In Honor of Your Good Heart


This is not a proper story. I just wanted to honor someone for the goodness and kindness of his heart, and so here goes.

 I usually get weird after undergoing some sort of a difficulty, be it about work, health, or emotionally draining situations. Therefore, I was not surprised to find myself in such a state since this week begun when I saw from FB that a person who has been an important part of my world is in one of the most tragic and heartbreaking situations one could ever be thrown into, suddenly. I started discerning that something has gone wrong with someone I care about when I suddenly felt a physical pain shot to my core and my knees buckled as I was trying to balance 6  styrocups of hot coffee and my cellphone while I was descending an airport escalator.  For some reason, I knew in my heart this person is in pain before I even saw the post in FB about what happened. It does not help either that  I was mentally beat after an intense and mind-numbing endeavour over the past three weeks. And so to get my mind off things, I decided to crash and do nothing that needs too much energy, so I thought I'd  settle in and bring a semblance of order to my email and file folders and whatnot after I got home.

As I dug through hundreds after hundreds of spam and thousands of social media notifications and product promotions in my inbox,  I came across this short poetry that the person referred to above wrote and emailed to me some years ago after I survived a near-fatal illness in which this person generously provided for my needs at the time, even though it was not his responsibility to do so. He volunteered to pay for an expensive medical procedure that I needed, to stay alive, asking for nothing in return. The thing was, when we were young, we had plans to spend our future lives together. But fate had other ideas, I guess, that I have had to break my promise. Anyway, here are the words he penned for me to encourage me to go on with my vocation and my calling, almost two decades after we parted ways. It's nothing poetic or profound or anything, it was just something that saved me from myself when I read it, because it came at the right time.

†***†***††***††***††***††***††***††***†

You came from humble beginnings

Spent your youth freely out in the fields

Yet your beauty is not ordinary

Your mind is so deep like the sea

Your voice is so gentle like a breeze

Your vision is so clear

Your pen is powerful

Your heart is so pure

You are wise like a princess

Your love is so true

Your commitment is forever

Your faith is so strong

and your work is for generations

So let me keep asking the Heavens to  let all your roads rise up to meet you,

And bless all your efforts with success

Because you are an inspiration to those who are watching you

You are a blessed child of God, and

you will always have the piece of my heart
that I gave to you all those years ago.

***†*********†*******†************†*******

I myself have never really been an expressive person, verbally that is. And admittedly, I seldom tell anyone, past or present, friends, loves, family, siblings, and parents how much I love and appreciate their presence in my life.  But it is such a heart-stirring moment for any one of us when we take the time, through verbal or written or other means, to express our love to those who've always been there for us.  So I am so heartened to have been able to find and read these sweet thoughts again, when I was feeling like I've wasted half my life in service to people and God, and I begun doubting the rightness of all the paths and decisions that got me where I am today.  It was  a timely reminder to me that even to other people, it is not too incomprehensible that I have been called to do a job, which although sometimes thankless and impossibly difficult, yet of great import nonetheless in terms of eternity, but also, and most importantly to be reminded that I am (or had been) loved sincerely and completely.

So go and tell that friend, that loved one, those people who made a difference in your life, who loved and loves you, how your life is beautiful because of who they are or had been to you.

#TO_YOU,  it warms my heart knowing that although things happened and our lives went on to journey through different roads, when our paths crossed again, we found out that there still is a bond born out of mutual respect and wholeheartedly cherished memories that bound us together in a friendship that is worth keeping.

I am so sorry for turning my back on your love aeons ago. But thank you for understanding that it was only because of what we both believed to be a higher calling for me. I mourn with you now on the loss and grief you suffered.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I will always be here for you, but more than anything, I entrust you to the faithful and loving heart of God, because I know He is more than able to piece your life back together again. May He always be your anchor and your refuge, just as He has been mine.

...
K8
mY Synapses...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS