HEADACHES: LITERAL AND OTHERWISE

The week that led up to the checking of Psalms for a language in the coastal town of Isabela has been unbelievably tight. Add to it the 2 weeks of checking while managing an ongoing house construction, two meetings with bosses and colleagues, hearing a news about a good friend having a stroke_ and the stress of it all seemed to have done me in.  For the last three nights, the heart acted up again, with its scary chest tightness, and the chest pain of course came with its sparring partner, hypertension. I have been trying to get my blood pressure to a safe level the last two days, but until now, I still feel like the scalp on the back of my head is being pulled off and my skull feels like it is being squeezed too tight. 

We truly praise God that we were finally able to complete the translation checking that had been in the works for the last few months.  Due to unforeseen circumstances such as sickness among the translators, schedules that can't be synched, distance between translators and consultant, and just the good old life happening, we ended up being so far behind our schedule. Now that it's finally done, I felt so relieved that I made up a new to-do-list only to feel quite oppressed by it right now, as I sit here listening to the terrible pain in my head, trying to be coherent as I write this on my phone while waiting for my husband to come back with my Amlodipine, a blood pressure drug that I am hoping would give me the relief I've been looking for. I took 2 capsules of garlic, and another anti-clotting pill as well this morning, all in the hope of getting my blood pressure down to 130 at least. 

I always hate it when I come to a point where I have to decide whether or not I should tell my husband to take me to the emergency room before I get a stroke or a heart attack. From the looks of things, I am still coherent enough to write all this, maybe I just need to go get more sunshine. Right now, I feel like moonshine might be better for this darn achy shell that is my head. Haha! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS