OF BIG BROTHERS AND ANSWERED PRAYERS

Today, just like all days, if I know how and choose to recognize it, was a day of God's providence.  Hubby was on his way out of town so my morning was busier than most of my other mornings because I have had to mind my child who is an early riser, like his dad.  Usually, he and his dad are already ready for the day before I open my eyes in the morning.  I also had another thing to prepare for today, as I was scheduled to go to one of our villages up in the mountains for a day of fellowship with fellow Christian women who gather every month to study God's Word and encourage each other.  Since my previous days were riddled with health challenges and work, my mind has been telling me to ask someone else to speak at the gathering.  I am sure someone would have been willing, but I made a promise with my King that as long as I am able,  I will not miss this monthly teaching opportunity for any reason other than if I really am unable to talk, walk, or breathe.  

When I woke up this morning, I took a stock of my strength and stamina, and I was sure I have enough to get me through the day.  So I asked my sis-in-law and my niece and nephew to look after my special kid for a few hours until I come back. I said goodbye to my son, and was about to go find my ride but then my big brother came to the door, said he came in for coffee, but I didn't even bother to make coffee this morning.  So I told him, he'll have to make do with 3-in-1 instant coffee, and he was okay with it. I heat up the water in between putting my shoes on, said goodbye to everyone and rush through the door to find my ride as I was already a few minutes late.  The problem was, the truck and the other women with whom I was supposed to ride left already.  I tried to reach the ladies but no success.  Hubby could have driven me halfway to the venue but he was on his way to Jakarta.  I could drive myself but I have two problems there:  I do not know the way (as the last time I was there was back in 2001 and we hiked the whole way because there were no roads yet at the time; and secondly, my license had expired ages ago and I have never driven long distance on paved highways let alone in unfamiliar tire pathed roads. 👎😂 Then I realized there was another driver nearby.  I went back to the house where my brother was already sipping his instant coffee by my dining table.  

"Do you have an important appointment today?" I asked him.
"I'm taking my girls to buy a few things in Solano, but that's later this afternoon.  I actually don't know why I came here this early." He replied.  I thought to myself, "Hmm, that's interesting!  Now, I know why!"  😁
"Can you drive me up to Kakilingan, then?  We'll be back by lunch!"  Ever since we were kids, I have never heard "No!" from my brother in all the times I asked for a favour.  If he did say NO at any time in the past, I must have chosen to forget.

So I said goodbye again to my now exasperated Xami and off we went.  We drove until we reached the place where we needed to leave the car because there were no more roads to drive on, and I was waiting for my brother to ask me the time for him to come pick me up afterwards but instead he said that he'll find a good place to park and that I can just start hiking and he'll follow.  He didn't need to do that, but he did it anyway. 

God meets our needs, both the big ones and the small ones.  God knows there was going to be a miscommunication regarding my ride to the venue that moment and so he sent me my brother to solve my immediate problem.  God knew I would be very stressed knowing that I am unable to fulfill a commitment, so he solved both my lack of a driver and my what would have been a considerably taxing day, all in one go.  

I bless the Mighty Name of Jesus for His sometimes obvious and sometimes not obvious answers to even my unuttered prayers. 

I was writing the above at 10pm, when my whispering chest pain started to sort of shout.  I got up to drink water and try to relax, and get my son to go to bed already; and I was undecided whether I should start texting my sister who is in the next apartment to maybe come and sleep in the couch in my house as I do not like the thought of just my special kid and myself alone in the house while I am having this dreadful chest pain. I got up and walked to the main door and unlock it just in case people from outside need to come in sometime in the night but it seems stupid leaving my house open the whole night with just myself and my son sleeping inside.  There have been no cases of burglary in our neighborhood recently but I did not want to risk it, so I locked the door again and uttered a prayer for God to let me sleep and forget about my pains. 

After maybe half an hour of walking around my kitchen, I remember I have some pain relievers that you rub on your skin.  I tried some on my upper left side on the front and as much as I can reach on my back and continued praying for some relief.  I turned to videos about reversing heart disease and got distracted by the information and comments, that by the time I thought back about how I was feeling,  my chest pain has already lessened to something manageable so I started typing again.

I have looked into carnivore diet in the last few months and practiced it for a couple of weeks and I have lost some weight avoiding all deliberate carbs but then I fell off the wagon and started eating carbs again and gained back the kilograms I lost and then some.  Now, I checked back the videos on plant-based meals to reverse heart problems and am thinking about restarting again tomorrow.  I don't know. Plant-based is difficult to do nowadays because unless I plant my own veggies, I will have to eat the pesticides/poison ridden vegetables available in town. 

We'll see. 

Lord Jesus, I give this all to You! I need Your help, guidance, and strength... and  I need sleep. 











mY Synapses...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

of big shoes and lessons

ADDICTIONS